Musing Her Way Through Life
- MATTER OVER MIND. Gunch, Modine // New Orleans Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p155
Presents an article on an absentminded mother. Instances when the mother forgot what she was doing; Benefit from eating blueberries.
- What? Oh, that! Lara, Adair // Cosmopolitan;Oct96, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on absent-mindedness. Examples of manifestations of absent-mindedness; Comparison of an absent-minded person with people who are considered noticers.
- P.S. Don't Forget. // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p46
Examines the effectiveness of phosphatidyl-serine (PS) to treat absent-mindedness. Mechanism of action; Role of PS in improving motor skills in Parkinson's disease patients.
- THE PSYCHOPATHOLOGY OF EVERYDAY SLIPS. Reason, James // Sciences;Sep/Oct84, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p45
Focuses on the psychopathological aspects of absentminded errors. Freudian interpretation of absentminded lapses; Comparison between Freudians and the cognitive theorists; Distinguishing features between catastrophic and trivial errors.
- Preteen space cadets. Carroll, Pam // Parenting;Nov96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p220
Offers advises in combatting preteens' absentmindedness. Using visual cues; Introducing responsibilities for preteen one at a time; Discussions concerning upcoming events; Helping preteens in establishing good habits; Making mental notes.
- Lost in Thought. Amlani, Alzak // India Currents;Mar2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p63
The article presents a question and its answer on the failure of a seven year old boy to remember sequences of events and his lack of mindfulness of surroundings.
- Ever `forget' you're trying to eat less? Write it down. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct98, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p8
Suggests that persons who tend to be forgetful, should write down everything they consume, to assist them in their weight-loss efforts. Findings of a study conducted by researcher Daniel Kirschenbaum, PhD, and director of the Center for Behavioral Medicine in Chicago, as reported in the `Health...
- Strategy application disorder: the role of the frontal lobes in human multitasking. Burgess, Paul W. // Psychological Research;2000, Vol. 63 Issue 3/4, p279
Abstract Strategy application disorder is a term used to describe a pattern of deficits, usually associated with frontal lobe dysfunction, where people show disorganisation, absentmindedness and problems with planning and decision making in everyday life despite normal performance on traditional...
- HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND OR JUST YOUR KEYS? Freinkel, Susan; Bloom, Claudia // Real Simple;Mar2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p84
This article presents information related to absentmindedness. University of Michigan psychology professor Denise Park, gave healthy adults a battery of memory tests and found "a slow, steady decline" in performance beginning in people's 20s. The human brain processes information many...