Turbocharged Retail Training
- Pep Boys: Adding Traction to the Learning Experience. Hollis, Emily // Chief Learning Officer;Mar2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p54
Profiles Pep Boys Manny Moe & Jack, a successful auto parts supply company in the U.S., and its organizational learning techniques. Effort of company CEO Larry Stevenson to decentralize learning in the organization; Use of learning management systems in the company such as simulation-based...
- PEP BOYS COUNTING ON THE 'ROAD AHEAD'. Bulik, Beth Snyder // Advertising Age;3/24/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p44
The article looks at automobile supplies and car maintenance company Pep Boys, as of 2014. It describes competitive challenges facing the company, including the creation of stand-alone car service centers by automobile dealers. It discusses the company's efforts to reinvigorate its business,...
- Is Pep Boys becoming a service operation?. // Automotive Marketing;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p34
Provides information on an announcement made by Pep Boys. Expansion of the company's program with AutoNation USA to include three pilot programs; Identification of these programs; Increase in sales of the company for the second quarter; Views from Mitch Leibovitz, chief executive officer of the...
- Pep Boys debuts in Connecticut. // Discount Store News;11/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p33
Reports on the opening of Pep Boys' first store in Connecticut.
- Car-parts chain coming; several sites chosen. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;11/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p2
Reports that Pep Boys--Manny, Moe & Jack Inc. will open its first two stores in Detroit, Michigan.
- Cheap shots. Molla, Tony // Motor Age;Jul96, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p5
Comments on a Pep Boys television advertisements which focus on showing the average independent automotive service dealer as a greasy, uneducated buffoon. Reason for the advertisements; How such stereotyping hurt all of those in the industry; Protest sparked up the advertisements.
- Pep boys puts out feelers. Comiteau, Jennifer // Adweek Western Edition;11/24/97, Vol. 47 Issue 47, p35
States that automotive retail chain Pep Boys will be making overtures to advertising agencies after awarding its $25 million account to Cliff Freeman and Partners in New York. Details on Pep Boys; Identification on who handles media planning and buying chores for Pep Boys since June 1996.
- HOW TO MURDER THE COMPETITION. Taylor III, Alex // Fortune;2/22/1993, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p87
Describes Pep Boys--Manny, Moe & Jack, an auto parts retail chain. CEO Mitchell Leibovitz's comments on competition; Services Pep Boys offers along with auto parts; How Leibovitz curbs overcharging and superfluous repairs; How Pep Boys can charge less for repairs; History of company; How...
- Pep Boys to debut format. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Oct94, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the debut of Pep Boys' mini-stores. Stocks; Expected stores to be opened.