- Survey. // Workforce (10928332);Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p17
Presents respondents' answer to the Workforce's September 1997 survey about how work and the human resource (HR) profession will change within the next 10 years. Presentation of the respondents' response to the Workforce's survey.
- Workers and Their Worth. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p10
Provides information on the topics discussed in the articles of the February 1, 2001 issue of periodical `Workforce.' Worth of employees; How companies can take advantage of the knowledge of veteran workers; Flexible time benefit to workers.
- Analysis and Argument: The Fundamental Tools of Acquisition Management. Barton, Carol // Contract Management;Oct2015, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p28
The article discusses the lack of critical thinking and analytical skills among the workforce of acquisition management in the U.S.
- WORK FORCE SIZE AND SINGLE SHIFT SCHEDULES WITH VARIABLE DEMANDS. Burns, R. N.; Carter, M. W. // Management Science;May85, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p599
In recent years, labour negotiations for seven-day-week organizations such as hospitals, mining companies and chemical industries have seen an increased emphasis on improving shift schedules. This paper gives an exact lower bound on the number of workers required to satisfy such primary...
- News poll. // Workforce (10928332);Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p18
Features the human resources-related questions posed to users of `Workforce' Web site and their answers.
- Making the List. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);Jan2002, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p12
Introduces a series of articles on trends in human resource from 1922 through 2002 in the United States, published in the January 2002 issue of 'Workforce' periodical.
- Honoring HR's Brightest Lights. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the Optimas Awards of `Workforce' magazine designed to honor human resources practitioners. Meaning of the word optimas; Award categories; Date set for the awards' presentation.
- Optimas 2001. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p33
Looks at the companies receiving the 2001 Optimas Awards from `Workforce' magazine for their excellence in human resources management. Qualities of the Optimas awardees; Meaning of the Latin word optimas; Way to nominate an organization for the Optimas award.
- Keeping up with the Joneses. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce;Jun97, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p4
Editorial. Presents the publishing awards received by the `Workforce' magazine in 1996-97. Award of the article `Save Jobs' published in the spring 1996 issue of `Worforce'; 1997 McAllister Editorial Fellowship award; Sponsors of the awards.