- Summary of Significant Environmental Law Developments Affecting Lenders and Fiduciaries. Buente, David T.; Crough, Maureen M.; Corbett, John C. // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p72
Presents a summary of significant environmental law developments affecting lenders and fiduciaries in the United States from 1999 to 2000. Case law on federal lender issues; Environmental bankruptcy issues; Case law developments concerning determination of when claims arise and notice.
- Use trusts to fund your child's college education. Brashers, T.J. // ABA Journal;Jul85, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p120
Reports on the use of trust funds to finance college education in the U.S. Use of interest-free loans; Provision of a gift to a minor under the Uniform Gift to Minors Act; Use of an income-splitting technique; Comparison of various methods of funding education.
- S&Ls Won't Jump Into Trust Business. Middleton, Martha // American Bar Association Journal;Jan1981, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the implementation of final regulations giving trust powers to savings and loan associations in the U.S. Key stipulations of the regulations; Concerns expressed by savings and loan associations towards the implementation of interest-bearing checking accounts; Impact of the...
- Summary of Significant Environmental Law Developments Affecting Lenders and Fiduciaries. Buente, David T.; Crough, Maureen M. // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p64
Presents information on environmental law development affecting the lenders and fiduciaries in the United States. Entitlement of lenders to restitution from borrower; Approval of the court to the pursuance of Superfund claim against fiduciary; Contractual liability of a mortgagee.
- A Tribal Guide to Trust Fund Management. Moorehead, Paul G. // American Indian Report;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p20
This article presents a guide to tribal trust fund management for American Indian tribes. The author believes that tribes must seriously consider using the American Indian Trust Fund Management Reform Act of 1994 to take the next step in tribal self-governance and self-sufficiency by assuming...
- Native American Trust Fund Reform Urged. Powers, Patricia // Yes!;Fall2005, Issue 35, p7
This article reports that a nine-year court battle by Blackfeet accountant and banker Elouise Cobell, has prompted a coalition of American Indian leaders to propose a multibillion-dollar settlement to Indians and dramatic reform of the Indian trust fund. The proposal may be implemented in the...
- Outcome of the Foreclosure Mess Rests on Custodians. Horwitz, Jeff // Mortgage Servicing News;Dec2010, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p14
The article discusses the role of trust document custodians to the resolution of foreclosure problems in the U.S. It describes the responsibilities of custodians as keepers of crucial and retrievable documentation for foreclosure purposes. It mentions that custodians should ensure that the...
- Special fund approved for disabled Texans. // American Rehabilitation;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation Trust Fund which was signed into law by Governor Ann Richards and administered by Texas Rehabilitation Commission (TRC). Sponsors of the bill; Functions of the bill; Revenue estimated by the conservative; Expectation of TRC to the trust fund. ...
- Acting as a trustee can cost heavily according to recent U.S. court ruling. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/24/94 - 1/31/94, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p16
Discusses the financial responsibilities of acting as a trustee of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). Case of Valley National Bank in Phoenix; Need for trustees to have an independent business valuation firm review the company's financial statements prior to purchase of the shares.