Applications of Andragogy in Multi-Disciplined Teaching and Learning
- A reminder about andragogy. Weingand, Darlene E. // Journal of Education for Library & Information Science;Winter96, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p79
Discusses the concepts of andragogy as developed by Malcolm Knowles, relating adult teaching in the graduate programs. Description of the adult learner; Effective program design of education.
- Early Childhood Educators as Learners: Engaging Approaches for Professional Development. Koralek, Derry // YC: Young Children;Jul2007, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the characteristics of adults as learners according to Malcolm Knowles, the well-known adult-learning theorist. It is said that adults are self-directed, they want to take responsibility for and make choices about their learning. According to the author, adults learn best...
- Andragogy: An old idea finds new importance. Peterson, Clifford // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p24
Investigates on andragogy, one of the oldest ideas on education. Development of Malcolm Knowles the concept of andragogy in adult education; Change of demography in higher education; Use of PLA programs of portfolio method to assess learning.
- Adult learning principles? Shminciples! Tracey, Ryan // Training & Development in Australia;Apr2010, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p022
The article discusses the principles of andragogy as described by Malcolm Knowles, who is often referred to as the father of adult learning. Knowles posits that adult learners are self-directed, experienced, ready to learn, problem-oriented and internally motivated. The author talks about...
- Lessons in adult learning aid communication. Duxbury, Kim; Press, Kevin // Employee Benefit News Canada;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p14
The article presents strategies for marketing retirement plans which apply adult learning principles conceptualized by learning specialist Malcolm Knowles. Plan sponsors could motivate adults to sign for retirement plans by providing action-oriented communications that help prospective plan...
- Veterans as Adult Learners in Composition Courses. Cleary, Michelle Navarre; Wozniak, Kathryn // Composition Forum;Fall2013, Vol. 28, p9
Considering veterans in the context of research on adult and nontraditional students in college writing classes, this article proposes Malcolm Knowles's six principles for adult learning as an asset-based heuristic for investigating how writing programs and writing teachers might build upon...
- The Adult Learner (7th Edition). Lange, Elizabeth A. // Studies in the Education of Adults;Autumn2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p245
The article reviews the book "The Adult Learner," by M. S. Knowles, E. F. Holton and R. A. Swanson.
- Applying educational theory in practice. Kaufman, David M // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/25/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7382, p213
Describes several educational theories and guiding principles and shows how they could be applied to case studies relating to the "real world." Discussion of the term "androgogy," which was introduced by Malcolm Knowles, and which is defined as the art and science of helping adults learn; Topic...
- Andragogy in Action: Applying Modern Principles of Adult Learning. Carney, Tom // Canadian Journal of Communication;Winter1986, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p77
The article reviews the book "Andragogy in Action: Applying Modern Principles of Adult Learning," by Malcolm S. Knowles and colleagues.