Impact of Direct-to-Consumer Predictive Genomic Testing on Risk Perception and Worry Among Patients Receiving Routine Care in a Preventive Health Clinic
- Patient perception of disease control and psychological distress. Mazzotti, Eva; Sebastiani, Claudia; Marchetti, Paolo // Cancer Management & Research;2012 Part 2, Vol. 4, p335
Background: Risk perception and efficacy beliefs affect health behavior. The aim of this study was to measure cancer severity and curability (as proxy for risk perception and efficacy beliefs, respectively) and their association with clinical and psychosocial variables. Methods: A consecutive...
- Risk of cancer in Barrett's oesophagus overestimated. Moberly, Tom // GP: General Practitioner;5/21/2010, p24
The article focuses on a study conducted by researcher Jacques Bergman and colleagues, which found that by around 18 times, cancer risk in many patients with Barrett's oesophagus is overestimated. According to the study, inconsistency and difficulty exist in interpreting the natural history of...
- Long-term experiences with genetic consultation in people with hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. Eismann, Sabine; Vetter, Lisa; Keller, Monika; Bruckner, Thomas; Golatta, Michael; Hennings, André; Domschke, Christoph; Dikow, Nicola; Sohn, Christof; Heil, Jörg; Schott, Sarah; Hennings, André; Heil, Jörg // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Nov2016, Vol. 294 Issue 5, p1011
Purpose:Advances in genetics and increased public awareness increased the demand for interdisciplinary genetic outpatient consultation (IOGC). Communicating cancer risk is complex, and ideally information transfer should be individualized. Although psychological experiences with...
- Kolorektal Kanserli 45 ve 45 YaÅŸ AltÄ± HastalarÄ±n Retrospektif DeÄŸerlendirilmesi. Kocakuşak, Ahmet; Yaşar, Mustafa Anıl; Güler, Nurcan; Görmüş, Coşkun; Aydın, Serbülent; Özer, Ender; Benek, Suat; Pamak, Serap // Medical Bulletin of Haseki / Haseki Tip Bulteni;Oct2011, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p110
Aim: The incidence of colorectal carcinoma is less common under 45 years of age when compared to older patients. In the last decades, the prognosis, pathological, genetic and physiological behavior of the tumor in young patients gained the attention of the researchers. It is a reality that...
- Too few eligible patients tested for potential treatments. // Cancer Nursing Practice;Sep2015, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p6
The article presents the report conducted by the Cancer Research UK (CRUK) which shows that cancer patients in England are missing out on personalized treatment due to the lack of tests for potential treatments.
- Transmissible genes induced chromosome-type aberrations in the lymphocytes of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 and type 2A (MEN1 and MEN2A) patients. Tanaka, Kimio; Arita, Kazunori; Nishimura, Shigeru // Indian Journal of Science & Technology;Sep2010, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p982
Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN1& MEN2) are autosomal dominant disorders presenting tumors in two or more organs such as parathyroid tumors and anterior pituitary glands so on. Lymphocyte chromosomes from a MEN1 patient with an anterior pituitary tumor including her sisters and children and 5...
- Exhaustive expansion: A novel technique for analyzing complex data generated by higherorder polychromatic flow cytometry experiments. Siebert, Janet C.; Lian Wang; Haley, Daniel P.; Romer, Ann; Bo Zheng; Munsil, Wes; Gregory, Kenton W.; Walker, Edwin B. // Journal of Translational Medicine;2010, Vol. 8, p106
Background: The complex data sets generated by higher-order polychromatic flow cytometry experiments are a challenge to analyze. Here we describe Exhaustive Expansion, a data analysis approach for deriving hundreds to thousands of cell phenotypes from raw data, and for interrogating these...
- PERCEPCIÃ“N DE RIESGO, PERCEPCIÃ“N DE CONTROL Y MALESTAR EMOCIONAL EN CONSEJO GENÃ‰TICO. Concepción, Melinda González // Psicooncologia;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2/3, p467
No abstract available.
- Response to X-Irradiation of Fanconi Anemia Homozygous and Heterozygous Cells Assessed by the Single-Cell Gel Electrophoresis (Comet) Assay. Djuzenova, Cholpon S.; Rothfuss, Andreas; Oppitz, Ulrich; Speit, Günter; Schindler, Detlev; Hoehn, Holger; Flentje, Michael // Laboratory Investigation (00236837);Feb2001, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p185
Fanconi anemia (FA) is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by bone marrow failure and cancer susceptibility. Patient cells are sensitive to a variety of clastogens, most prominently cross-linking agents. Although there is the long-standing