- Cold Spring Harbor promotes Stillman. Mervis, Jeffrey // Nature;3/25/1993, Vol. 362 Issue 6418, p282
Reports that Bruce Stillman has been named director of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, succeeding James Watson, who will become president on January 1, 1994. Comment from Stillman; Details.
- The Tradition of Drawing from MEMORY. SKRAPITS, JOSEPH C. // American Artist: Drawing;Fall2004, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p80
This article explores the tradition of drawing from memory. It advises artists to consider the role of memory to improve their drawing skills. It suggests various exercises for cultivating the visual memory. It cites the approach to memorize straight lines of different lengths, then angles of...
- Dissecting Cold Spring Harbor Lab's many missions. Cerini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/22/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p32A
Interviews Bruce Stillman, president of the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory in Long Island, New York, regarding the laboratory's cutting-edge medical research. Identification of the type of research the laboratory focuses on; Citation of short-term benefits of the research for the country;...
- NEWS MAKERS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/27/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 31, p24A
The article announces several executive appointments in New York including Mike Kytoski as the account executive at public relations and marketing firm of HJMT communications, Patrice Panza, the new director of development at Planting Fields Foundation, and Bruce Stillman as president of Cold...
- MOTHER AND CHILD. Blay, Giancarlo // Sculpture Review;Spring2000, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the achievement of sculptor Frederick Hart, and another on the theme of Mother and Child.
- INTRODUCTION. // Dictionary of Subject & Symbols in Art: Second Edition;2008, preceding p1
An introduction to the book is presented in which the editor discusses techniques used by artists in producing their artworks, a guide to non-specialist art lover to view sculpture and pictures with more understanding and artworks that are unfamiliar to other people.
- General Introduction. // Public Sculpture of South London;2007, pix
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the Southwark workshop of mason-sculptor Nicholas Stone, the porcelain workshop of artist John Bacon the Elder and the artworks of architect George Myers.
- Untitled. // Art in America;Feb2007, Vol. 95 Issue 2, preceding p1
The cover of the February, 2007 edition of "Art in America" is presented.
- Sculpture and Photography (Book Review). Friday, Jonathan // British Journal of Aesthetics;Oct2000, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p508
Reviews the book 'Sculpture and Photography: Envisioning the Third Dimension,' edited by Geraldine Johnson.