Takings Claims and Uniform Wind Farm Siting Regulations: Establishing a Limited Property Interest to Minimize Conflict
- PROMOTING WIND ENERGY DEVELOPMENT THROUGH ANTINUISANCE LEGISLATION. Marandola, Tyler // Temple Law Review;Summer2012, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p955
The article discusses wind energy development and antinuisance legislation in the U.S. as of June 2012, focusing on a comparison of the legal protections afforded to agricultural facilities in regards to the nation's Right to Farm laws and the proposed protection of wind energy projects from...
- IN-FLIGHT SAFETY INFORMATION. // Onearth;Spring2012, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p44
The article focuses on how wind farms in Roscoe, Texas can minimize the risk of killing wildlife animals such as birds and bats.
- Low evacuations take the wind out of tn power mills. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;6/21/2015, p58
The article highlights reasons for the plight of wind power producers of the Tamil Nadu state, India, which includes back-downs by the state regulations and rationalization of wind power utility and it states it has brought down power output to 50 percent compared to last year.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: Air conditioning. // Engineer (Online Edition);7/4/2011, p9
The article reports that the new centre called SgurrEnergy and David Brown Gear System will open at Strathclyde University in Scotland to develop techniques to improve the availability of offshore wind farms and wind condition monitoring technologies.
- Jhimpir wind power to begin work in Aug. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);8/1/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p11
The article announces the start of the 50MW wind power project by electrical construction company Metro Power Company titled 'Metro Power Project' in Jhimpir, Sindh, Pakistan from August, 2016.
- Windfarm maintenance competition. // Professional Engineering;10/6/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p5
The article offers information on windfarm maintenance competition launched by the Carbon Trust.
- Winds from the West. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Summer2002 Supplement, Vol. 31, p10
Reports that Western state and municipal legislative actions could lead to even greater acceptance of wind power in the United States. Requirement under California law for local and county officials to enact ordinances favorable to the siting of small wind systems; Completion of a wind farm at...
- DeWind's Frisco project in Texas online producing energy. // Wind Energy Weekly;3/2/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1473, p3
The article provides updates to the 20-Megawatt (MW) Frisco Wind Farm project in Hansford County, Texas that was acquired by DeWind Co. It states that DeWind Co. has commissioned 10 of its 2.0 -MW turbines that comprise the Farm. It adds that the Frisco Wind Farm symbolizes the single largest...
- UK signs off on two major wind farms. // Energy Today (Hungary);07/12/2013, p3
The article reports that the British government has approved RWE Innogy's 1,200 megawatt Triton Knoll offshore wind farm project in 2013.