Reframing the Judicial Approach to Injunctive Relief for Environmental Plaintiffs in Monsanto Co. v. Geertson Seed Farms
- MONSANTO CO. V. GEERTSON SEED FARMS: IRREPARABLE INJURY TO THE NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY ACT? Gwyn, Madeline // Emory Law Journal;2011, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p349
The Supreme Court recently embarked on a path toward removing the only teeth the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) hasï¿½its procedural mandates. In Winter v. Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc. and, more recently, in the controversial case Monsanto Co. v. Geertson Seed Farms, the...
- GENETICALLY ENGINEERED CROPS, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER: MONSANTO CO. V. GEERTSON SEED FARMS. Guregian, Noreen // Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review;2011, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p1249
The article offers information about the U.S. Supreme Court case Monsanto Co. v. Geertson Seed Farms which related to the issue of genetically engineered (GE) crops. It provides analysis of government regulation of alfalfa crops, the decision of the Court in reversing a government injunction on...
- 'VACATION" AT THE FARM: WHY COURTS SHOULD NOT EXTEND "REMAND WITHOUT VACATION" TO ENVIRONMENTAL DEREGULATION. Tettlebaum, Benjamin W. // Cornell Law Review;Jan2012, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p405
The article discusses judicial decisions and the possibility of expanding the remand without vacation remedy to environmental deregulation as of September 2012. Several legal cases which deal with remedies are examined, including Monsanto Co. v. Geertson Seed Farms, Winter v. Natural Resources...
- Demystifying NEPA to Speed the Review and Permitting of Energy Generation and Transmission and Other Projects and Programs. Lee, Judith; Cunningham, Robert // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Apr2013, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p10331
The article focuses on the intent and contribution of the U.S. National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) in agency planning procedures. It says that NEPA integrates the impact and alternative analyses of executive orders and environmental laws into comprehensive planning. It mentions that the...
- GM alfalfaâ€”who wins? Fox, Jeffrey L. // Nature Biotechnology;Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p770
The article reports on the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on the case Monsanto v. Geerston Seed Farms concerning the future sale of Roundup Ready (RR) alfalfa seeds on June 21, 2010.
- The Problem with Genetically Engineered Alfalfa. ST. PETER, BOB // Progressive Populist;9/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p6
The article focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in the Monsanto Company v. Geertson Seed Farms case which declared that it is still illegal to sell or plant genetically engineered alfalfa seed.
- JUSTICE KAGAN'S PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION AND BIOENGINEERED FOODS: MAKING THE CASE FOR CONGRESSIONAL GUIDANCE AS A CHECK TO PRESIDENTIAL POLICY SETTING. ALEXANDRE, MICHÈLE // Indiana Law Review;2013, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p265
The article focuses on the use of Justice Elena Kagan's Presidential Administration for promotion the introduction of genetically modified foods in the markets. It discusses the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in Monsanto Co. v. Geertson Seeds Farms regarding presidential policy for...
- Monsanto Co. v. Geertson Seed Farms: Breathing a Sigh of Equitable Relief. Hausman, Nate // Tulane Environmental Law Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p155
No abstract available.
- The Mortgage and Fracking Minefield. // E THIS WEEK;3/25/2012, p2
The article reports that only few Americans are aware of the U.S. National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA).