Sense of coherence predicts post-myocardial infarction trajectory of leisure time physical activity: a prospective cohort study
- ALCOA: Reaching 1 million Canadians. // Active Living: Newsletters;Jul2011, pN5
The article reports that Active Living Coalition for Older Adults (ALCOA) has completed a research project with its membership to promote the importance of physical activity for optimal aging to older adult Canadians.
- PROGRAMA MUNICIPAL DE ACÃ‡ÃƒO DESPORTIVA: PROJECTO SENIORES ACTIVOS - MAIS MOVIMENTO E MAIS VIDA! Oliveira, N.; Rodrigues, V.; Ferreira, C. // Revista Portuguesa de CiÃªncias do Desporto;2009 supplement, Vol. 9, p216
The Project Active Seniors is promoted by the City of Vila Verde, through the Municipal Company PROVIVER. The IPSS and the Local Municipality are partners of project. Lessons of Physical Activity twice a week and diverse events of interaction and socialization, as form to promote the health and...
- A Qualitative Study of Attitudes, Beliefs, and Core Values of Older Adults in Relation to Health Marketing of Fall Prevention and Physical Activity Programs in King County, WA. Poe, Pamela; Phelan, Elizabeth; Meischke, Hendrika; Hammerback, Kristen; Bohl, Alex // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
. ..PAT.-Unpublished Manuscript
- Left Main Compression by a Giant Aneurysm of the Left Sinus of Valsalva: An Extremely Rare Reason for Myocardial Infarction and Cardiogenic Shock. Faillace, Bruno L. R.; Galon, Micheli Z.; Oliveira, Marcos Danillo P.; Prado, Guy F. A.; Truffa, Adriano A. M.; Ribeiro, Expedito E.; Lemos, Pedro A. // Case Reports in Cardiology;9/15/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Aneurysms of the sinus of Valsalva are very rare and mostly located in the right coronary sinus. They might course with dyspnea, fatigue, and acute coronary syndromes. We present herein an extremely rare case report of a 61-year-old woman diagnosed with external left main coronary compression by...
- Physical activity helps older adults maintain mobility. // Journal on Active Aging;Jul/Aug2014, p20
The article reports that the Lifestyle Interventions and Independence for Elders (LIFE) led by coprincipal investigator Jack Guralnik which shows the advantage of moderate physical activity for the maintenance of the ability of older adults to walk at an 18% rate higher than their peers who are...
- A CROSS-SECTIONAL ANALYSIS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, PSYCHOLOGICAL DETERMINANTS AND HEALTH RELATED VARIABLES OF LATVIAN OLDER ADULTS. Kaupuzs, A.; Larins, V. // Acta Kinesiologiae Universitatis Tartuensis;2011 Supplement, Vol. 16, p38
An abstract of the article "A CROSS-SECTIONAL ANALYSIS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, PSYCHOLOGICAL DETERMINANTS AND HEALTH RELATED VARIABLES OF LATVIAN OLDER ADULTS" by A. Kaupuzs and V. Larins is presented.
- Healthy seniors should stay active in every way. Pratt, Tim // South County Journal;10/10/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 41, pB2
The article cites the importance of regular physical activity as well as maintaining a strong cardiovascular and musculoskeletal system for those who are 50 years old and above.
- Rethinking multidimensional. // Functional U;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p18
The author discusses the value of considering the dimensions of wellness when thinking about programs and activities for older adults and commends the Innovator programs that encouraged participation and even the small changes done by instructors just to sneak in progression into fitness activities.
- Predictors of physical and mental health-related quality of life outcomes among myocardial infarction patients. Hawkes, Anna L.; Patrao, Tania A.; Ware, Robert; Atherton, John J.; Taylo, Craig B.; Oldenburg, Brian F. // BMC Cardiovascular Disorders;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) is an important outcome for patients diagnosed with coronary heart disease. This report describes predictors of physical and mental HRQoL at six months post-hospitalisation for myocardial infarction. Methods: Participants were myocardial...