Analysis of injury death trends among women in Macheng City, China, 1984-2008
- IN OTHER NEWS. // Missoula Independent;11/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p13
The article offers U.S. news briefs. Police has charged Johnny Lee Walker for shooting a person in Orange Park, Florida. Topeka city council has voted in favor of withdrawing the ordinance which bans domestic battery. A study suggests has that women are more prone to injuries in car accidents,...
- Blunt Trauma in Pregnancy. Grossman, Nancy Beth // American Family Physician;10/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p1303
Trauma is the most common cause of nonobstetric death among pregnant women in the United States. Motor vehicle crashes, domestic violence, and falls are the most common causes of blunt trauma during pregnancy. All pregnant patients with traumatic injury should be assessed formally in a medical...
- An open ear to prevent 'waste' of someone's life. Searle, Steve // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;
This article discusses the prevalence of suicide in New Zealand. Statistics show that an average of 540 have committed suicide in the country compared with 375 people who died due to car accidents. Some farmers advised to avoid working in isolation and suggested to encourage people to talk to...
- East Asia. // Asian Pacific Post;4/21/2011, p17
This section provides East Asian news briefs as of April 21, 2011, including a series of suicide bombings in Indonesia, an increase in cases of fake marriages and the prevalence of road accidents in Thailand.
- Jersey Crash That Killed Three Was Apparent Suicide. // India -- West;11/1/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 50, pA14
The article reports on the car crash that killed three people on October 15, 2013, which, according to authorities in central New Jersey, was intentional as 15-year-old Indian American Srijan Saha allegedly written a suicide note on his body.
- POLICE REPORT. // Navajo Times;3/15/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 11, pA-10
The article offers news briefs of New Mexico and Arizona as of March 15, 2012 on topics including the investigation of a car accident, a suicidal case and a death caused by structure fire.
- Profile of medicolegal cases in northan tribal region of Andhra Pradesh. Khade, Ajay; Borkar, Rajinsh; Bashir, Mohammed Shakeel Mohammed // Medico-Legal Update;Jan-Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p68
Objectives A retrospective study of pattern of medico-legal cases (MLCs) in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Adilabad, a medical college located in northern tribal area of Andhrapradesh was carried out to provide feedback to clinician, forensic experts, social workers and legal...
- When tragedy strikes. Jones, Peter // Tourism & Hospitality Research;Aug2004, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p165
This article focuses the death of Briton tourists in a road crash in South Africa. On January 1, 2004 the Guardian newspaper reported that eight British tourists were killed in South Africa when their minibus crashed while swerving to avoid a pedestrian who was reportedly trying to commit...
- Homicide, suicide, car crash deaths increase. // Nation's Health;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Discusses a study on death rates for motor vehicle accidents, homicide and suicide throughout the world, published in the January 2002 issue of the 'Journal of Adolescent Health.' Method used in the study; Death rates in selected countries; Details on the victims of accidents, homicide and suicide.