Program for expectant and new mothers: a population-based study of participation
- Text4Baby targets moms-to-be with lullaby campaign. Weinstein, Deborah // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p27
The article reports on the promotion of the Text4Baby free mobile pregnancy and health program to mother through government programs and health insurance companies.
- Education and Self-Management for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome; a Narrative Review of Literature. Mani, Hamidreza; Khunti, Kamlesh; Daly, Heather; Barnett, Janette; Davies, Melanie // Ibnosina Journal of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences;2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common endocrine condition in women of reproductive age and is associated with high risk of long term metabolic and psychological conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and depression. These patients present at a young age to the health...
- Mothers in Motion extended for year. // Active Living: Newsletters;Jul2009, p26
The article reports on the extension of the Mother in Motion project of the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport (CAAWS) in Canada in 2009. It mentions the extension was supported by the Public Heath Agency. It states that the project focuses on increasing physical...
- ALEITAMENTO MATERNO EM ÃREA DE ABRANGÃŠNCIA DO PROGRAMA DE SAÃšDE DA FAMÃLIA. de Castro, Rafaela Aparecida; Oliveira, Edward Meirelles; França-Botelho, Aline do Carmo // Revista Brasileira em PromoÃ§Ã£o da SaÃºde;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p30
To investigate the breastfeeding practice in the areas covered by the Family Health Program in AraxÃ¡-MG, Brazil, comparing it to a non-covered area. Methods: A descriptive study that used as a tool for data collection a questionnaire, addressing the proposed subject and applied to 120 mothers...
- Randomised controlled trial of educational package on management of menorrhagia in primary care: The Anglia menorrhagia education study. Fender, Guy R K // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/08/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7193, p1246
Presents a study which determined whether an educational package could influence the management of menorrhagia in East Anglia, England. Subjects and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Motivating Women to Use Supplemental Calcium. Ferris, Mary Elina // Internal Medicine Alert;8/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 16, preceding p122
Women who do not take supplemental calcium frequently need more education, and state they would be positively influenced by their physician's recommendations.
- First Helpings. Thorne, Melanie // Good Housekeeping;May2014, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p188
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being hungry and surviving on little food while living with her sister and her single mother who supported the three after leaving their father.
- EditÃ¶rden. GÜVEN, İsmail // Journal of Faculty of Educational Sciences;2013, Vol. 46 Issue 2, preceding p1
No abstract available.
- Two-Second Life Changers. // Women's Health;Dec2012, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p012
The article offers experts' health advice for women.