An evaluation of factors associated with taking and responding positive to the tuberculin skin test in individuals with HIV/AIDS
- Tuberculin Skin Test Result and Risk of Death among Persons with Active TB. Auld, Sara C.; Click, Eleanor S.; Heilig, Charles M.; Miramontes, Roque; Cain, Kevin P.; Bisson, Gregory P.; Kenzie, William R. Mac. // PLoS ONE;Nov2013, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
Background: Although the tuberculin skin test (TST) is frequently used to aid in the diagnosis of tuberculosis (TB) disease and to identify persons with latent TB infection, it is an imperfect test and approximately 10â€“25% of persons with microbiologically confirmed TB disease have a...
- Mantoux test. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1402
A definition of the term "Mantoux test" is presented, which refers to an intradermal injection of 0.1 milliliters of intermediate strength purified protein derivative (PPD) which indicates evidence of current or previous infection with tuberculosis when there is a hardening of the injected area...
- von Pirquet's test. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2480
An encyclopedia entry for "von Pirquet's test," which refers to a diagnostic test for tuberculosis in which a small amount of tuberculin is applied to a scarified area of skin of the arm, is presented.
- Self-assessment of tuberculin test reactions by New York City firefighters: Reliability and... Prezant, David J.; Kelly, Kerry J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug96, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p280
Determines whether self-assessment of purified protein derivative of tuberculin (PPD) skin reactions is an effective screening method for tuberculosis. Low compliance of effects of self-assessment on compliance, reliability and cost; Simplicity of the ability to assess a negative PPD skin test...
- $5 TB test means quicker, more reliable diagnosis for patients. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Aug2014, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p40
The article reports on the study conducted by professor Jeffrey Cirillo regarding the test for tuberculosis (TB) with a target price tag of $5 which has the potential of improving the speed and accuracy of diagnosis for the disease.
- Comprehensive Tuberculosis Testing. Simona Mohor, Georgiana; Solovan, Caius // Journal of Clinical & Aesthetic Dermatology;Aug2015, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Comprehensive tuberculosis testing for the dermatologist" by F. Armstrong and L. Jordan in the April 2015 issue.
- Author's reply. Armstrong, Frank T.; Jordan, Laura // Journal of Clinical & Aesthetic Dermatology;Aug2015, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p12
A response from the authors of the article "Comprehensive tuberculosis testing for the dermatologist" in the April 2015 issue is presented.
- Interferon-Î³-Release-Assay Results in Asymptomatic Children-Further Evidence That Testing for Tuberculosis Should Be More Selective. Islam, Shamim // Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society;Dec2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p393
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Relating tuberculosis (TB) contact characteristics to QuantiFERON-TB-Gold and tuberculin skin test results in the Toronto Pediatric TB Clinic" by W. Rose and colleagues which appeared in the June 2015 issue of the journal.
- False-positive TB tests may have negative implications for HIV patients. // Infectious Disease News;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on a study which examined the link between false-positive tuberculosis tests and mortality in patients with HIV.