Temporal trends (1977-2007) and ethnic inequity in child mortality in rural villages of southern Guinea Bissau
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Congo;Jan2005, p3
Provides information on the ethnicity and social condition of the people of the Republic of the Congo. Location where the sparse population of the country is concentrated; Percentage of the total population of the country living in Brazzaville, Pointe-Noire, or along the 332-mile railway that...
- Ethnicity in the Land: Lost Stories in California Agriculture. Ivey, Linda L. // Agricultural History;Winter2007, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p98
In California history, the contributions of ethnic and immigrant agriculturalists continue to be misrepresented and misunderstood. Rural California studies are just emerging out of the shadow cast by Carey McWilliams's 1939 exposÃ© "Factories in the Field," which cemented a monolithic image of...
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Congo;Jan2006, p2
The article presents information on the people of the Republic of the Congo as of January 2006. Congo's population is concentrated in the southwestern portion of the country. 70% of its population are living in Brazzaville, Pointe-Nore, or along the railway that connects them. In southern rural...
- Â¡Hombres de maÃz! Una mirada a la actualidad organizativa campesina en Guatemala. Rincón, Luis Felipe // Revista NERA;jul-dez2010, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p49
Guatemala is no stranger to the worsening of social inequality in Latin America's rural areas. To the detriment of the majority indigenous peasant population, land concentration predominates the agrarian structure of this Central American nation. Guatemala has been mired in armed conflict over...
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Central African Repu;Jan2005, p3
Focuses on the ethnic groups in the Central African Republic. Official language; Percentage of population in the rural areas; Details on the chief agricultural areas.
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Tanzania;Aug2005, p2
Presents information on the people of Tanzania. Population distribution in the country; Percentage of the population that belong to the rural area; Number of ethnic groups consisting the African population.
- An Exploration of Collective Meaning-Making among Migrant Workers. Selvaraj, Patturaja // Qualitative Report;11/10/2014, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p1
I engaged with workers in India who have migrated from rural districts in the southern state of Karnataka to work in the mess of an academic institute located in a western state of India. These workers faced significant challenges and vulnerabilities due to being part of the unorganised sector....
- Å½emaiÄiÅ³ etniÅ¡kumo sampratos XIX a. Å¡altiniuose. KALNIUS, Petras // Folk Culture;2010, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p26
The paper focuses on the notion of ethnicity of one of the Lithuanian regional communities residing in the West of the country as it appears in the sources of the first half of the 19th century. The close reading of the texts by different authors suggests that at the time Samogitians were...
- Sarajevo, Bosnia. // Current Events;10/10/94, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p3
Reports on developments in the civil war between the two ethnic groups of Bosnia, Muslims and Serbs.