Substance use and its predictors among undergraduate medical students of Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia
- PERFIL DE PERSONALIDAD EN CONSUMIDORES MODERADOS Y EXCESIVOS DE SUSTANCIAS PSICOACTIVAS. Andrés Gantiva Díaz, Carlos; Rodríguez Materón, Mónica; González Bobadilla, Miyer; Vera Maldonado, Anderssen // PsicologÃa desde el Caribe;jul-dec2011, Issue 28, p24
The objective of this research was to identify differences in personality profile in moderate and excessive consumers of psychoactive substances. We used a comparative descriptive design; 215 college students participated with an average age of 20.9 years who filled a survey of psychoactive...
- Smoking is disgusting; alcohol is fun. Stuebs, Elise // Advance-Titan (Oshkosh, WI);12/2/2010, Vol. 116 Issue 12, pA8
In this article, the author discusses the use of smoke and alcohol by college students.
- America's 19th Africa Achievement Awards Hosts Economic Forum in Addis Ababa, May 25. // African Times;4/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p9
The article offers information on the 19th Africa Achievement Awards and Economic Forum to be held at the Addis Ababa University Main Auditorium in Addis Ababa, Ehiopia on May 25, 2012.
- THE BIRTH OF AN OCEAN: AFRICA IS SLOWLY SPLITTING IN TWO! Hulick, Kathryn // Odyssey;Mar2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
The article presents information on a finding by scientist Atalay Ayele of Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia, who says that the underground earth in Africa is splitting into two, which could result in the formation of a new ocean.
- Physical activity, alcohol use, smoking and dietary profiles of a cohort of university students. Kazi, H. A.; Coopoo, Y. // African Journal for Physical, Health Education, Recreation & Dan;Dec2010 Supplement, p104
Overweight and obesity among students as a specific sub-group, is an area of concern. Lifestyle factors such as cigarette smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages and poor dietary habits are inextricably linked to overweight and obesity. Little is known about trends in smoking, drinking, dietary...
- STUDENTS IN BRIEF. Johnson, Teddi Dineley // Nation's Health;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p15
The article presents news briefs about college health in the U.S. as of April 2012. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, almost half of substance abuse treatment admissions involve alcohol disorders of college students. About 5,000 students of public...
- Polydrug use and its relationship with the familiar and social context amongst young college students. HERNÁNDEZ-SERRANO, OLGA; FONT-MAYOLAS, SÍLVIA; EUGeÈNIA GRAS, MARIA // Adicciones;2015, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p205
The prevalence of polydrug use continues to grow among Spanish college students. The European Observatory for Drugs and Addictions establishes three different types of polydrug use: Pattern A (consumers of alcohol and tobacco), Pattern B (consumers of cannabis plus alcohol and/or tobacco) and...
- Social Marketing and Consumer Behavior: Influencing the Decision To Reduce Alcohol Consumption. Darian, Jean C. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p413
The purpose of this study was to use a marketing approach to deal with the problem of alcohol abuse on a college campus. A survey collected data pertaining to the process students would go through in the decision to reduce their alcohol intake. We segmented the students on the basis of their...
- Openness and honesty. Ward, Frances // Nursing Standard;4/11/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p72
Frances Ward describes how a student in recovery from addiction was managed throughout a clinical placement.