The injury epidemiology of cyclists based on a road trauma registry
- The Epidemiology of Road Accidents in Childhood. Pless, I. Barry; Verreault, Rene; Arsenault, Louise; Frappier, Jean-Yves; Stuloinskas, Joan // American Journal of Public Health;Mar1987, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p358
Abstract: We report the incidence of traffic injuries to children in Montreal: 33.4 per 10,000, 57 per Â¢ pedestrians, 24.5 per Â¢ passengers, and 18.4 per Â¢ bicyclists. Nearly 20 per Â¢ were hospitalized and 1.2 per Â¢ died. One-third had MAIS scores of 2 or more with the highest...
- Are school zones effective? An examination of motor vehicle versus child pedestrian crashes near schools. Warsh, J.; Rothman, L.; Slater, M.; Steverango, C.; Howard, A. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Aug2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p226
OBJECTIVE: To analyse the relationships between factors related to school location and motor vehicle versus child pedestrian collisions. METHODS: Data on all police-reported motor vehicle collisions involving pedestrians less than 18 years of age that occurred in Toronto, Canada, between 2000...
- ATVs: motorized toys or vehicles for children? Yanchar, N. L.; Kennedy, R.; Russell, C. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Feb2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p30
Objectives: To compare the nature of injuries from all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) to those from bicycling, dirtbikes/motocross, and motor vehicle crashes. Design: Data on injuries from the mechanisms outlined above were obtained through CHIRPP (the Canadian Hospitals Injury Reporting and Prevention...
- National Child Passenger Safety Week, February 12-18, 2006. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/10/2006, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p130
Highlights the National Child Passenger Safety Week program of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Centers for Disease Prevention from February 12 to 18, 2006. Number of children aged 4-8 years that died due to motor vehicle accidents; Number of children that...
- Watch out. Thompson, Jonathan // Missoula Independent;10/2/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p10
No abstract available.
- Memo to Boris. // Eastern Eye;2/13/2015, Issue 1289, p9
The article reports on the death of the 25-year-old cyclist woman who was knocked down by a vehicle in Vernon Place in London, England and calls for traffic changes that would protect cyclists from traffic accidents.
- Area New: Accident closes road; no serious injuries reported. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/7/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 134, p2
The article reports on the two-car motor vehicle accident near Saranac Avenue in Lake Placid New York, in which no serious injuries are found.
- LETTERS. // Commercial Motor;2/6/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5572, p16
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the limitation of the overtaking of cyclists in a cycle lane for the prevention of accidents on the roads.
- INDUSTRY URGED TO BACK CYCLE SAFETY CHARTER. // Estates Gazette;1/5/2013, Issue 1301, p61
The article reports on a construction traffic charter that was jointly launched by Cycle to Cannes (C2C) and the London Cycling Campaign (LCC). The scheme is aimed at reducing the number of cyclist deaths on the road. According to C2C chairman Matt Mason, an estimated 50 percent of fatal cycling...