Neighborhood disparities in stroke and myocardial infarction mortality: a GIS and spatial scan statistics approach
- ACE-inhibitors score high marks in early theraphy for MI. // Geriatrics;Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p16
Reports that according to researchers in Italy the application of ACE-inhibitor therapy after the occurrence of an acute MI can help reduce heart attack mortality. Number of lives which were saved out of 1000 patients who used ACE-inhibitors; Details on the proportional benefits of...
- Fatality outside hospital from acute coronary events in... Norris, R. M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/04/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7137, p1065
Presents information on a study which provides a contemporary account of the treatment and outcomes of acute coronary attacks in England and Wales. Identification of strategies that might improve the outcome; Information on the subjects and methodology used in the study; Effect of resuscitation...
- Significant decline in deaths from heart attack in England. Ryan, Patricia // Research Review (International Council on Active Aging);Feb2012, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the decline in the death rates for heart attacks in England from 2002 to 2010.
- Diabetes predicts short- and long-term post-MI mortality risk. // Modern Medicine;Jul97, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p52
Presents an abstract of the study `Ten-year survival after acute myocardial infarction: Comparison of patients with and without diabetes,' by S. Behar, V. Boyko, H. Reicher-Reiss et al published in the March 1997 issue of the `American Heart Journal.'
- Can aspirin save your life? Wills, Dannette Austin // Heart & Soul;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p24
Recommends chewing aspirin during a heart attack to lower mortality risk.
- 37%. // Shape;May2015, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p140
The article presents statistics on the death rate of cat owners and non-cat owners due to heart attack.
- Even in the thrombolytic era, more than one-third of MIs are fatal within 24 hours. // Modern Medicine;Mar95, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p47
Presents an abstract of the article `Mortality Within 24 Hours of Thrombolysis For Myocardial Infarction: The Importance of Early Reperfusion,' by N.S. Kleiman, H.D. White, et al dated December 1994.
- Prognosis in Heart Failure with a Normal Ejection Fraction. Cleland, John G.F.; Taylor, Jacqueline; Tendera, Michal // New England Journal of Medicine;8/23/2007, Vol. 357 Issue 8, p829
A research letter to the editor is presented on the prognosis in heart failure with a normal ejection fraction.
- Cardiac Mortality in Chronic Kidney Disease: A Clearer Perspective. Townsend, Raymond R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/1/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p615
Editorial. Discusses two studies that explore the role of impaired kidney function as a risk factor for myocardial infarction (MI) and in survival after MI. Likelihood that patients with impaired renal function received aspirin, beta-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and...