Effectiveness of the home-based alcohol prevention program "In control: No alcohol!": study protocol of a randomized controlled trial
- ADHD and Later Drug Use. Charach, Alice // Pediatrics for Parents;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p22
The article discusses ways to help children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) to resist temptation to discourage use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other drugs. It has been suggested to encourage children to participate in activities like sports, music, drama, scouts, etc.;...
- Resources about Underage Alcohol Programs. // Alaska Justice Forum;Summer2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
The article presents several online resources related to alcohol programs for underage in Alaska including Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, 2011 Alaska Youth Risk Behavior Survey, and Alcohol Compliance Checks: A Procedures Manual for Enforcing Alcohol Age-of-Sale Laws.
- Mamadance! Martinez, Lizzie // Mothering;Sep/Oct2009, Issue 156, p62
In this article, the author discusses her participation in Mamadance, a group in Austin where mothers who had children with health challenges talk about their struggles and their feelings, and join their words to movement and support.
- Women's health and safe motherhood: The role of the obstetrician and gynecologist. // Women's International Network News;Spring90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p38
Presents a report of a pre-congress workshop on maternal and child health. Event description; Sponsors.
- Today's Caregiver: Juggling Real Life. // Washington Informer;May2014 Supplement, p8
The article presents a brief story of Zulma, a mother of four children, and her healthy lifestyle that allows her to take care of herself and her children.
- Report: US inhospitable to mothers. Andre, Laura // Mothering;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 161, p32
The article reports on the low rating of the U.S. in terms of the health of its mothers and children. INSETS: Moms of color at risk;Travel serve learn;Make breastfeeding the standard in research;Australia temporarily bans flu vaccine
- Kids! Friedman, Karen // Working Mother;Jul94, p70
Answers a reader's question on how to help her 11-year-old son gain weight. Getting help from a pediatrician; Creation of a program that may include working with a dietitian, support group or counselor; Getting rid of fattening snack foods in the house.
- Study: Few lasting health benefits for children of never-married moms who later wed. // Human Ecology;Fall2013, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
The article offers information on a new study which found health benefits for children of never-married mothers who later wed.
- Our Legacy for Leadership in MCH. Alexander, Greg R. // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p145
The history of Maternal and Child Health (MCH) in the United States provides some important lessons for us today. Emerging from the child labor abolition and progressive reform movements of the late 1800s, the basis of MCH in the United States can be traced to fundamental concerns regarding how...