Low physical fitness is a strong predictor of health problems among young men: a follow-up study of 1411 male conscripts
- Navy Recruits: Fitness Measuring, Validation, and Norming. Sekulic, Damir; Males, Boris; Miletic, Djurdjica // Military Medicine;Aug2006, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p749
During the standard Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) used on Croatian Navy recruits (CNR), we found the standard APFT battery to be both excessively demanding and time-consuming. The aim of the present study was to validate alternate APFT tests (A-APFT) that would be appropriate for CNR. In the...
- Exploring the Impact of a Pedometer on Body Composition and Physical Fitness in a Cohort of U. S. Military Medical Students: A Pilot Study. Lystrup, Robert; West, Gordon F.; Ward, Matthew; Hall, Jennifer; Stephens, Mark // Military Medicine;Jan2015, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p23
Military medical professionals play a central role in preventing and treating obesity among Americaâ€™s warriors through training, medical care, and their personal example. Unfortunately, medical students in both undergraduate and graduate settings often experience declines in physical...
- MIND OVER MATTER. Shelley, Lynnette // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the trend in mind-body-spirit (MBS) exercise in health clubs in the U.S. Factors that drive the growth of MBS programming; Technique in MBS marketing. INSET: Types of Mind Body Spirit Classes.
- To Work Up A Sweat, Or Not? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the exercise recommended by several organizations to stay fit and healthy. INSET: Government Steps Up Effort to Study Acrylamide in Foods.
- Quality over quantity. // Prevention India;Oct2010, p10
The article provides an answer to a question of which type of workouts should be done during festive season in order to maintain the fitness.
- Enjoy your winter workout. // Prevention India;Dec2010, p12
The article provides an answer to a question on fitness routine during the winter.
- Staying healthy with exercise. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p108
Introduces exercise an important aspect of health and fitness. Effects of exercise; Results of not exercising; Tips on proper fitness.
- SHAKE a Leg. // Body Bulletin;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the importance of exercise and physical fitness in maintaining health.
- EXERCISE: What's in it for you? // Body Bulletin;Aug2002, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the benefits of exercise to overall health. Daily exercise routine; Prevention of serious health problems; Improvement of quality of life.