'The American Breed'
- The mentality bunker. Sedgwick, John // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p228
Focuses on the Pioneer Fund, an organization that subsidizes research into racial differences. Controversies in Pioneer-related incidents; Interview with Harry F. Weyher, head of the organization; Nature of activities; Views of historian Barry Mehler; Elitist theme in Pioneer Fund's heritage;...
- The silenced partner: Linda Gottfredson and the University of Delaware. Blits, Jan H. // Academic Questions;Summer91, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p41
Discusses the efforts of the University of Delaware to block Pioneer Fund's support for professor Linda Gottfredson whose work is critical of affirmative action. Studies supported by the Pioneer Fund; Reasons of the university for enforcing a ban on Pioneer Fund-supported research; Violations...
- Francis Galton: and eugenics today. Galton, David J.; Galton, Clare J.; Galton, D J; Galton, C J // Journal of Medical Ethics;Apr98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p99
Eugenics can be defined as the use of science applied to the qualitative and quantitative improvement of the human genome. The subject was initiated by Francis Galton with considerable support from Charles Darwin in the latter half of the 19th century. Its scope has increased enormously since...
- PIONEER FUND. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jan2004, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on fund manager Pioneer Fund. Investment outlook; Sales focus; Objective; Portfolio allocation; Improvement in corporate earnings.
- Techno Madness Reigns. // On Wall Street;Jul2000, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p21
Presents information on the technology funds introduced by mutual fund complexes in 2000. Science and Technology Fund from Pioneer Funds; Emerging Technologies Fund from OppenheimerFunds; International NetNet Fund from Munder Capital Management.
- Yacktman Focused and Berwyn Income Join the 500. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on changes in the Morningstar FundInvestor 500. Two stock funds added are Yacktman Focused and Berwyn Income. Funds that have been dropped are Robeco Small Cap Value II and Pioneer Fund. American Funds International Growth and Income has been rated Gold. Information is...
- Eugenik nach 1945. EinfÃ¼hrung. Argast, Regula // Journal of Modern European History;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p452
The article introduces this thematic issue of the journal, dedicated to the comparative history of eugenics after World War II, and provides background information on the history and historiography of eugenics from the late 19th century onward.
- What can medical ethics learn from history? Boyd, Kenneth // Journal of Medical Ethics;Aug95, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p197
Editorial. Looks at how lessons from the Nazi eugenics can be applied in the issue of voluntary euthanasia. Michael Burleigh's findings in his book `Death & Deliverance: Euthanasia in Germany 1900-1945'. Economics of medical care for the elderly; Doctors' moral responsibility in allowing a...
- Biological determinism in the making of immigration policy in the 1920s. Getz, Lynn M. // International Social Science Review;1995, Vol. 70 Issue 1/2, p26
Claims that the Congress of the United States relied upon the race-based assumptions of eugenicists in shaping immigration policy that would affect Europeans Asians and Mexicans through the 1920s an beyond. Influence of eugenicists; Examination of eugenicists arguments; Sets of hearings on...