- The health of a nation. Browne, Tim // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p25
In this article, the author discusses the impact of changes in the financial advice sector on the health sector in Australia. He mentions that Australians do not understand the consequences of not having proper insurance to their health. He notes that financial advisers must have the proper...
- Iowa study helps consumers, employers evaluate health plans. Bergman, Rhonda // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p60
Reports on a pilot study conducted in Iowa by the Health Policy Corporation of Iowa (HPCI) about the service and quality of their health plans. Consumer choice; Room for improvement; Standards for comparing plans; Interest in managed care; Effect of study on Iowa health plans.
- In this survey, familiarity breeds content. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;01/13/97, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p32
Looks at a survey which evaluated the different types of health plans in the United States. Traditional health insurance and health maintenance organizations as the ones which received the highest marks from the general public; Higher ratings for preferred provider organizations and...
- Health care debate focusing on bad plans. Rooney, J. Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/28/94, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p6A
Comments on the health care debate focus. Guaranteed issue of health insurance and community rating are two of the reforms discussed most often; Number of American denied health insurance because of health status; Meeting of community rating; Alternative for increasing the cost of health insurance.
- CE QUIZ NOV. '14. // Financial Planning;Nov2014, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p82
A continuing education quiz about issues and topics covered in the November 2014 issue of magazine "Financial Planning" is presented.
- Credibility on the line like never before. Resnik, Paul // Money Management;4/14/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p14
Presents an open letter to the managing directors of the leading financial planning firms of Australia. Call on advisers to focus on planning rather than product sales in order to raise the status of their profession; Deceiving public opinion polls; Four styles of financial advice-giving; Merits...
- Online Poll. // Business Insurance;3/31/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p8
The article presents the results of an online poll asking the satisfaction of business organizations with health care benefit providers with which they do business. A total of 11% of respondents mentioned that their organizations are very satisfied with their providers. Meanwhile, 44% of the...
- Health care shoppers find more bargains. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/20/95, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p3
Discusses the results of a survey about the cost of employers' health plans by the Alliance for Health and the Employers' Association in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Comments from executive vice president of Alliance, Lody Zwarensteyn; Statistics. INSET: Cascade achieves `healthy' savings..
- Diagnosing Healthcare. Dolliver, Mark // MediaWeek;2/22/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses the results of a poll by Franklin and Marshall College's Center for Opinion Research on consumers' opinions about their health-insurance coverage and care.