Baby Boomers' Retirement Wish List
- Survey Says Boomers Keep Old Retirement Strategies. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/3/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the survey sponsored by Allstate Financial Corp. which revealed the resistance of baby boomers to changes in retirement savings. Other key findings of the survey; Characteristics of the respondents; Implications of the findings;
- Research On Boomers. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/9/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 49, p5
Presents several studies on baby boomers and on the pre-retirement planning issues in the U.S. for 2002. Priorities of majority of baby boomers; Influence of traditional notions of retirement on a lot of diversity in retirement cycle; Existence of miscommunication between business executives...
- Boomers breaking out calculators as approach of retirement sinks in. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;6/29/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p8
Presents information on the 1998 Retirement Confidence Survey, which calculated the amount of money which the growing percentage of baby boomers in the United States, will need to save by the time they retire. Cost of retirement; Comments from Paul Yakoboski, research analyst from the Employee...
- Allstate Realty Check Survey Finds Baby Boomers Fulfilling Family Obligations; Facing Challenges During Working Years And Throughout Retirement. // Insurance Advocate;11/18/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 44, p34
Reports on the survey on the challenges faced by baby boomers in fulfilling family obligations in the U.S. Responsibilities for both parents and children; Other financial obligations during retirement.
- Baby boomers shun advice, seek DIY finance. Moore, Bela // Money Management;1/31/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p5
The article offers information on the result of the REST Industry Super survey with regards to the retirement of baby boomers, wherein out of 1200 respondents, more than 30 per cent responded that they do not need financial advice.
- Look to the Future. // Practical Accountant;Jan2008 Wealth Provider, Vol. 41, p7
The article focuses on a survey released by Lincoln Retirement Institute that shows how baby boomers and other prospective retirees, age 42 and up, picture their retirement years. Most respondents were cautiously optimistic about the issue. The survey also found that both groups are concerned...
- Retirement Plans Solid for 50-60 Crowd. Barney, Lee // American Banker;11/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 177, p10
Brief information is given from a survey of pre-retirees from the U.S. baby boom generation which found that almost half of them have a definite retirement date in mind.
- Boomers Shifting Retirement Plans. Menchaca, Paul // American Banker;8/18/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 127, p9
The article discusses a survey titled "Boomer Retirement Lifestyle Study" which was conducted by MainStay Investments and Harris Interactive companies and focuses on the U.S. baby boom generation's retirement plans.
- Burdens for boomers. Mermelstein, Ellen; Abu-Shalback Zid, Linda // Marketing Management;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
The article presents findings of a market survey on family responsibility of the baby boom generation in the U.S. The survey from Pew Research Center asserts that baby boomers are finding the road to retirement laden with family responsibilities. In the past year, 50% of all boomers were...