- Top Lender's Homebuilding Parent Faces Financial Challenge. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;10/20/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the financial challenge faced by homebuilder Centex Corp. (CTX) in the U.S. The company plans to suspend its regular quarterly cash dividend due to the deteriorating economic condition of the country. It also suspends its dividend payable to common shareholders to conserve...
- AT DEADLINE. // Crain's New York Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports developments related to business as of February 2002 in the U.S. Plan of the AT and T Corp. to expand local services in response to the Public Service Commission ruling; Decrease of numbers for the Small Business Administration loans; Impact of the federal health care on hospital industry.
- Wishful waiting won't work. Titus, Jon // Test & Measurement World;Jun2002, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5
Editorial. Comments on the economic conditions in the U.S. as of 2002. Hesitation of people to spend money; Accuracy in gauging the strengths and weaknesses of business; Importance of economic growth cycle awareness.
- FULL SWING FOR SPRING. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;1/29/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the recovery of the entertainment business in Hollywood from an economic slump in the U.S. Growth of the restaurant and catering business; Confidence radiating throughout the town; Number of studio features to start production by the end of March 2002.
- Anxious about the economy? Booker, Ellis // B to B;12/10/2007, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p10
The article presents the author's views on the slow down in the U.S. economy and its repercussions. Though executives from marketing services companies, agencies, consulting outfits are showing no signs of worries, the perspective of client-side marketers is less rosy. Legitimate worries about...
- Is the recession really here yet? Shaw, Stuart J. // Inside Tucson Business;9/8/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p20
The author reflects on the forecasts by financial newspapers and magazines that there will be a recession in the U.S. He cites a prediction that real gross domestic product has increased at an annual rate in the second quarter of 2008. He argues that there are families still taking vacations...
- Answers In All The Wrong Places. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/3/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p2
The author reflects on the speculations that the U.S. is going into a state of recession. The bevy of economic data would supposedly inform the Americans where they stand. He finds these speculations a silly notion. A week's worth of numbers is never going to resolve the recession debate,...
- ASSET-- BACKEDS. // Asset Securitization Report;3/28/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p22
Presents charts and graphs of market indicators in the U.S.
- RATINGS WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;3/28/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p28
Presents charts depicting ratings of amortization in the U.S.