Consumers Turning to Planners
- CFP Gains Favor. D. B. // REP.;Nov2014, Vol. 38 Issue 11, pS8
The article offers information on the advertising campaign preferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board), that helps in gaining favor among registered investment advisors (RIA) firms.
- CONCLUSIONS. // Investment Advisor;Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p70
A continuing education quiz on financial advisors pre-reviewed by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board of Standards) is presented.
- CFP Board Unveils Online Career Center. Barney, Lee // Plan Advisor News;2015, p112
The article presents the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards' Career Center designed to serve those interested in a career as a financial planner and support employers and job seekers in the financial advisory industry.
- CONCLUSIONS: CE TEST. // Investment Advisor;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p133
A Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards continuing education quiz on investment advising is presented.
- Study Allays Online Fears. // On Wall Street;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on a study by the United States Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards study which showed that the Internet does not pose big threat to financial advisers. Percentage of those polled who have Internet access; Percentage of the poll respondents who actually invest online.
- ROOM to GROW. Iyer-Ahrestani, Savita // Investment Advisor;Oct2013, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p36
The article offers suggestions regarding the growth of financial advisory firms. It mentions the need for segmentation among the women's market in the financial planning sector. It notes the plan of non-profit organization Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board) in launching a...
- Puzzling Over New Questions on CFP Exam. Gleeson, Jerry // Registered Rep Exclusive Insight;3/9/2012, p1
The article looks at the version of the test for Certified Financial Planner (CFP) examination that is set for March 16-17, 2012. The exam will feature questions driven by a different philosophy by the CFP Board of Standards. The record turnout of 4,064 applicants in the November 2011...
- How to choose a financial adviser. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Sep2008, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p6
The article explains the qualifications to consider in hiring a financial planner. Kevin Keller, chief executive officer (CEO) of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, cites the roles of the financial planner such as giving advice on debt management, insurance coverage, and meeting...
- One Profession, One Designation? How Valuable Are the CFP(Registered Trademark) Marks Today? Most, Bruce W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p52
This article highlights the existence and ascendancy of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc., CPF, in the financial planning world. One profession, one designation the CFP trademark as the designation for financial planners. After more than a quarter century since its modest...