State of siege
- Jerry Levin Kicks Off Book Tour. Zaitoon, S.B.A. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May/Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p62
The article reports that former Cable News Network Beirut bureau chief Jerry Levin, now with the Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT) in Hebron, spoke at the University Presbyterian Church in Baton Rouge, Los Angeles, on March 24. Levin, who was held hostage in Beirut, Lebanon, from March 8, 1984...
- Violence erupted when 50 Palestinian demonstrators. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;7/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 156, p2
No abstract available.
- Blue Christmas in Bethlehem. // U.S. Catholic;Dec2000, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p10
Predicts a sad 2000 celebration of Christmas in Bethlehem, West Bank due to the violence in the region. Impact of the violence to the region's tourism industry; Cancellation of pilgrimages to Bethlehem.
- ISRAEL-SETTLERS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);9/5/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5167, p15
The article offers updates on the violence that took place in West Bank, the razed of the three buildings in a settlement outpost by Israeli military and a mosque burned by Ultra-Orthodox Jewish settlers.
- Hostile Hebron. Shields, Todd // U.S. News & World Report;4/25/94, Vol. 116 Issue 16, p14
Reports that international observers arriving in Hebron will find a city of deep divisions and hatreds--and doubts that the 160 soldiers can accomplish anything. Murder of 29 Muslims in a Hebron mosque in February 1994; Riots which have repeatedly swept the West Bank town; Foreign presence--the...
- Dying to Kill: The Allure of Suicide Terror/West Bank Diary: Middle East Violence as Reported by a Former American Hostage. Pasadena, Calif.:. Croucher, Benjamin // Multicultural Review;Spring2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p81
The article reviews the book "West Bank Diary: Middle East Violence as Reported by a Former American Hostage," by Jerry Levin.
- Violence increases in occupied territories. // United Nations Chronicle;Sep93, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p48
Reports that a large increase in violent incidents in the West Bank and Gaza drew an appeal from United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali. Deaths of both Palestinians and Israelis; Statement from the Commissioner-General of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine; More.
- "Price Tag" or Pogrom? West Bank Settlers Now Running Amok in Israel as Well. Cook, Jonathan // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Dec2011, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the violence initiated by the extremist wing of the settler movement in Israel. It details how the settlers targeted a mosque in the West Bank in a suspected "price tag" attack. It reveals that the settlers have been mounting regular pogrom-style attacks against...
- Behind the Statistics: The Ethnography of Suicide in Palestine. Dabbagh, Nadia // Culture, Medicine & Psychiatry;Jun2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p286
As part of the first anthropological study on suicide in the modern Arab world, statistics gathered from the Ramallah region of the West Bank in Palestine painted an apparently remarkably similar picture to that found in Western countries such as the UK and France. More men than women completed...