For Once-Aspiring Opera Singer Nancy Yost, Random Job Led To A Career As A Literary Agent
- What They Do for Love. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 46, p32
Presents the testimony of various book agents in the U.S. on their multi-faceted roles in publishing romance books. Experience of Irene Goodman of the Irene Goodman Literary Agency in selling romance books; Biggest change in romance, according to Nancy Yost of Lowenstein-Yost Associates;...
- DEALS. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;11/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 45, p10
The article presents an update on deals in the publishing industry. In a joint preempt with Mike Jones at Bloomsbury UK, Kathy Belden at Bloomsbury USA has acquired world English rights to Dan Vyleta's Pavel & I from Simon Lipskar at Writers House. Dutton's Julie Doughty has acquired North...
- A good agent is not hard to find... Schaffner, T. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan89, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p14
Report that the increased volume of submissions to editors has led to many publishers closing their doors to unagented material. Gives advice on finding a good agent to represent written work and suggests consulting publications aimed at helping find an agent.
- Everything you need to know about literary agents. Love, Nancy // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan94, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p15
Comments on literary agents and offers advice to writers. Writers who don't need agents; Some of the services that agents perform for writers; Dealmaking and negotiating the contract; Pre-publication; Finding an agent; The American Society of Journalists and Authors; `Literary Marketplace'; More.
- Agents: What every writer should know. Wiggins, Todd // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug94, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p14
Gives advice to writers on selecting a literary agent. Function of literary agents; Reputation of agency; Advantages and disadvantages of small or mid-sized agencies.
- The literary agent...how you can get one--what to expect. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Sep95, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p24
Presents comments of various literary agents about their role as agents and how writers can shop for and acquire an agent. Increased reliance of publishers on agents; Importance of signing an author-agent agreement; Includes the Hy Cohen Literary Agency, Ltd, Roberta Pryor Inc. and the Nancy...
- How to find and work with a literary agent. Diamant, Anita // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan96, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on literary agents and their work. Agent as a writer's best friend; Benefit of a writer from a good agent; What can be expected of an agent; Author-agent contracts.
- Literary agents. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug97, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p26
Presents information on literary agents. Literature handled; Contact information; Types of fiction which are easy to sell; Fees charged; Need for an agreement; Agents include the Avatar Literary Agency Inc.; The Axelrod Agency; Julie Castiglia Agency. INSET: A word about the Association of...
- How to get a literary agent. Frumkes, Lewis Burke // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jul98, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p7
Opinion. Comments on how a writer can secure a good agent, while highlighting the writers' conference which as held at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Why writers attend this conference; Views of Eugene Winnick, president of McIntosh and Otis on literary agents; Importance of...