Trade Books Poised For Steady But Slow Climb
- The Shadows of Consumption: Consequences for the Global Environment. Mathew, Mary; Nair, Shyam Sreekumaran // Current Science (00113891);9/10/2011, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p680
The article reviews the book "The Shadows of Consumption: Consequences for the Global Environment," by Peter Dauvergne. It depicts human behaviour as observed over the centuries which is characterized by unguided, unbalanced consumption.
- U.K. Book Spending Rose 5% in 2001. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p19
Reports on the increase in consumer spending on books in Great Britain in 2001. Amount spent on books; Average price of an adult title in 2001; Sources of strongest growth in the retail sector.
- The Book of Abundance. // Grassroots Economic Organizing Newsletter;Sep2015, p1
The article presents a preview of a chapter of an electronic book (e-book) titled, "The Book of Abundance" by las Indias collective that looks into social and economic aspects of abundance and the concepts of materialism.
- Domestic Consumer Expenditures for Consumer Books: 1984-1994. Greco, Albert N. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall98, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p12
Addresses issue on domestic consumer expenditures for consumer books in the United States from 1984 to 1994. Brief review of the principle of relative constancy; Background research on media expenditures.
- Unit Sales Topped Dollar Sales in '02. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p10
Presents information on the unit sales of books in the U.S. in 2002, according to an Ipsos BookTrends survey. Comparison between unit sales of adult books and consumer spending on books during the year; Impact of book discounts on sales; Percentage of U.S. households that bought at least one...
- Cutting room. Davis, Evan // Management Today;Jul2002, p16
Presents business updates as of July 2002. Operation of small business enterprises; Content of the book 'Great Feuds in Medicine: Ten of the Liveliest Disputes Ever' by Hal Hellman; Factors influencing individual consumption habits and satisfaction levels.
- Unemployment or inflation. Zaremba, Joseph // Monthly Labor Review;Apr69, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p86
Reviews the book 'Prices: Issues in Theory, Practice and Public Policy,' edited by Almarin Phillips and Oliver E. Williamson.
- Getting and Spending (Book Review). Winstanley, Michael // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring2000, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p129
Reviews the book Getting and Spending. European and American Consumer Societies in the Twentieth Century,' edited by Susan Strasser, Charles McGovern and Matthias Judt.
- Konsum (Book). // Journal of Consumer Policy;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p143
Reviews the book 'Konsum. Soziologische, Ã¶konomische und psychologische Perspektiven,' edited by Doris Rosenkranz and Norbert F. Schneider.