- History. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Iraq Country Review;2013, p7
The article presents a brief history of Iraq which includes information on the ancient civilizations, the state of the 20th century Iraq and the era of political leader Saddam Hussein.
- History. // Iraq Country Review;2010, p6
The article presents an overview on the political history of Iraq.
- Baghdad kitsch. Pipes, D. // Commentary;Jun91, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p61
Reviews two new books on Iraq. `The Monument: Art, Vulgarity, and Responsibility in Iraq,' by Samir al-Khalil; `Culture, History & Ideology in the Formation of Ba'thist Iraq, 1968-89,' by Amatzia Baram.
- History. // Iraq Country Review;2001/2002, p9
Provides an overview of the history of Iraq. Sovereignty and independence in 1932; Coup d'etat that ended the reign of King Faisal II in 1958; Conflict between political fragmentation and centralization; Emergence of Saddam Hussein in the mid-1970s.
- EXPLORE IRAQ'S HISTORY. // Junior Scholastic (Teacher's Edition);11/29/2002, Vol. 105 Issue 8, pT6
Explores the history of Iraq. Evolution of Mesopotamia in the year 3500 Before Christ; Invasion of Kuwait in 1932; Introduction of Arabic language in the Islamic religion.
- The Glory That Was Baghdad. Goodwin, Jason // Wilson Quarterly;Spring2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p24
Discusses the history of human civilization in Baghdad, Iraq. Structures found within the city; Establishment of the Islam religion; Contributions of the city to scientific developments during the ancient times.
- Broken Promises. Baram, Amatzia // Wilson Quarterly;Spring2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p41
Discusses the role played by pan-Arab nationalism and Baathism in the history of contemporary Iraq. Origin of the Baathism ideology; Failures of the pan-Arab nationalism idea; Implications for the future of Iraq in light of the 2003 downfall of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.
- Oil, war, and semiperipheral mobility: The case of Iraq. Siemsen, Cynthia // Studies in Comparative International Development;Winter95/96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p24
Explores the significant events, shifts and discontinuities that add up to Iraq's changing position within the world system from the 1940s to the 1990s. Attempts at semiperipheral mobility; Outcomes of postwar peripheral patterns as foundation for semiperipheral ascent; Role of oil revenues;...
- A history of Iraq. Arbuthnot, Felicity; Van Der Gaag, Nikki // New Internationalist;Sep99, Issue 316, p26
Presents a summary of the history of Iraq. Geography; Rule of Mongolian Genghis Khan and Ottoman Suleiman the Magnificent; Discovery of oil and efforts of Great Britain to control Iraq; Militarization; Monarchy to republic.