Blackstone's GSO Acquires Harbourmaster
- ArcLight Capital Invests to Form New Oil Business, as Crude Prices Remain Volatile. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/10/2015, p4
The article reports on the series of business deals executed by asset management firm GSO Capital Partners, oil and gas exploration firm GeoSouthern, and investment firm Pine Brook in the energy sector as of September 10, 2015.
- Price Talk Set for Amayaâ€™s $2.9B Loans Package. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;7/21/2014, p1
The article offers information on price talks for loan package by Amaya Gaming Group, a Montreal, Quebec-based online gaming company. Topics discussed include the proceeds of loan to fund company's planned acquisition with poker companies PokerStars and FullTiltPoker brands, LIBOR rates of loan,...
- Blackstone Makes Best of Turmoil. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/14/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on the move of private equity firm Blackstone Group LP to acquire GSO Capital Partners in the U.S. The former will pay $620 million in cash and stock for the latter. According to the former, the move will complement its own global alternative investment businesses. According...
- UBS Pitches $140M Line For ArrMaz. // Bank Loan Report;7/24/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p3
The article reports on UBS's launching of a syndication for a 140 million dollar senior secured first lien credit facility to back GSO Capital Partners' acquisition of ArrMaz Custom Chemicals. Ag B2 and Caa1 rating was assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the first and second lien facilities...
- GSO Capital in Talks to Buy Callidus. // High Yield Report;12/21/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p10
The article offers information on negotiations being conducted by Blackstone Group's GSO Capital Partners for the purchase of Callidus Capital Management. Blackstone's offer for the leveraged-loan unit of Allied Capital is between 25 million to 30 million U.S. dollars. The deal will increase the...
- GSO Raises $3.25B Distressed Fund. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p3
The article reports on the success of GSO Capital Partners, the credit business of The Blackstone Group, to raise more than 3.25 billion dollars for the Blackstone/GSO Capital Solutions Fund, which provides capital to distressed companies.
- Blackstone GSO Closes $5B Distressed Fund. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/9/2013, p9
The article reports that Blackstone's credit investment group GSO Capital Partners has closed on a five billion dollar distressed debt fund, GSO Capital Solutions Fund II LP to provide debt financing to distressed companies facing liquidity problems like debt maturities and covenant breaches.
- Fresno County Tacks on Two to Manager Roster. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;12/16/2014, p3
The article reports on the hiring of private credit asset managers CarVal Investors and GSO Capital Partners by the Fresno County Employees' Retirement Association to oversee 30 million dollars worth of assets.
- Debt Financing of Maersk VLCC Fleet Acquisition Completed. // World Trade: WT100;Mar2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p11
The article offers information on the joint venture formed by the shipping company Euronav and the asset management firm GSO Capital Partners LP which aims to purchase various modern high-quality vessels from subsidiaries which were in banckruptcy proceeding.