Coast Guard Seeks SETA Support for R&D Center
- Coast Guard Issues RFP To Reopen Competition For Fast Response Cutter. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;3/2/2015, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Coast Guard's Request for Proposals (RFP) for Phase II of the Fast Response Cutter (FRC) for the building of patrol boats. Topics discussed include the FRC contractor Bollinger Shipyards to build the first 30 vessels, the FRC to be built based on a parent craft...
- New Coast Guard Headquarters Is GSA's Largest Stimulus-Funded Project. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/24/2009, Vol. 263, p9
The article reports on a 435.4 million U.S. dollar design-build contract let by the U.S. General Services Administration on August 14, 2009 for the new Coast Guard headquarters building in Washington, D.C. The winning team was led by the Clark Construction Group, including HOK to provide...
- U.S. Coast Guard Personnel on Active Duty. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p212
No abstract available.
- Hispanics and U.S. Coast Guard share experience. Cihelka, Carolyn // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1993, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the US Coast Guard's support for their counterparts in Hispanic nations of the Western Hemisphere. Mutual interoperability and cooperation in the full range of Coast Guard issues; Deployment of mobile training teams to train Hispanic groups in a particular mission; Conduct of joint...
- Global shipping monitor. Free, John; Church, Vernon // Popular Science;Aug92, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p39
States that the United States Coast Guard recently completed a major redesign of its Automated Mutual-Assistance Vessel Rescue System, or AMVER. Details on this computerized database, called AMVER II, which enables the Coast Guard to keep track of thousands of merchant ships that have agreed to...
- The United States Coast Guard is Currently Recruiting for a Senior Executive Position, Director of Financial Operations/Comptroller. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;2/16/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that the U.S. Coast Guard is hiring for the post of Senior Executive.
- Drugs and yachts: search and seizure. Barthold, C. // Yachting;Aug88, Vol. 175 Issue 2, p24
Discusses the US Coast Guard and Customs Service `zero tolerance' policy on drug possession aboard vessels. Search and seizure; Precautions; Cooperation; Fines.
- The Coast Guard pushes all the wrong buttons. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;3/23/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 82, p23
Presents the opinion of the author on the role and importance of the United States Coast Guard.
- U.S. Coast Guard Personnel on Active Duty. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p204
Lists the number of United States Coast Guard personnel on active duty during various years beginning in 1970 including officers and cadets.