DNDO, European Agency Testing Personal Rad Detectors against Standards
- SEISMIC DEVICE TARGETS NUCLEAR TESTS. Vogt Jr., Carlton F. // Design News;2/11/91, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses on the development of the seismic monitoring system Deployable Seismic Verification System at Sandria National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The system is use to detect nuclear tests due to its sensitivity to high-frequency pressure waves. It relies on horizontal...
- How to Select an Isolator for Variable-Condition Studies. Buckwalter, Michael // R&D Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p27
Discusses factors to consider in selecting an isolator for variable condition studies. Similarities between the requirement needed for rodent inhalation studies and circuit board solderability testing laboratories; Features of a Multi-chamber Mini-environment; Advantage of the use of various...
- Gems sensors aid prototype for Lotus. // Environmental Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the use of the sensing technology of Gems Sensors at the test facility of Lotus Engineering in Norwich, England. Information on the services offered at the Norwich test facility; Features of the pressure transducers from Gems; Services offered by Gems.
- Home radon watcher. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;Jul95, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the development of a home radon monitor by Los Alamos National Laboratory scientists in New Mexico. Tracking of electric charges; Electric field set up for charge separation; Registering of electric current on an electrometer.
- UL accepts BRE tests. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p3
Announces that testing of smoke and heat detectors for Underwriters Laboratories Inc. can be undertaken at the facility of BRE in Garston, Great Britain.
- COMPARISON OF CRYOGENIC TEMPERATURE SENSOR INSTALLATION INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE PIPING. Müller, R.; Süßer, M. // AIP Conference Proceedings;4/9/2010, Vol. 1218 Issue 1, p1641
Cryogenic thermometers for large cryogenic facilities, like superconducting particle accelerator or fusion devices, must be able to withstand very severe conditions over the lifetime of the facility. In addition to the proper selection of the sensor, the choice of the appropriate installation...
- Sensor Network Guards Against Major Threats. // GEOWorld;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the development of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) SensorNet project in Tennessee. Significance of the project; Deployment of sensors to ORNL testbeds; Key components of the project; Overview of the combined DCNet/SensorNet operation.
- Smartweave instrumentation. Wilson, Jim; Brill, Louis // Popular Mechanics;Dec97, Vol. 174 Issue 12, p16
Introduces the Smartweave, a type of electronic sensor developed by Army Research Laboratory (ARL) in Maryland. Application of Smartweave; Components of the sensor.
- Safer safes. Kren, Lawrence // Machine Design;6/6/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on Secure Safe surveillance system from Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Richland, Washington. Function of the system; Applications of the system.