- Same tired song as independence from imported oil still elusive goal. Brandon, Hembree // Southwest Farm Press;7/1/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on issues about the aim of the U.S. to become independent from imported oil.
- Section 3. Petroleum. // Monthly Energy Review;Dec97, p41
Presents an overview of statistical data which covers total petroleum imports in the United States for the month of November 1997. Information on distillate fuel oil, motor gasoline and kerosene-type jet fuel.
- Section 3. Petroleum. // Monthly Energy Review;Feb98, p41
Presents an overview of energy statistics which covers the activities of the United States total petroleum imports for January 1998. Comparison of the average imports for January 1998 and 1997; Average number of motor gasoline supplied during January 1998; Total amount of kerosene-type fuel and...
- Section 3. Petroleum. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul98, p41
Presents statistical information on the total petroleum imports recorded in the United States for June 1998. Number of barrels per day of petroleum products supplied for domestic use; Average amount of distillate fuel oil supplied; Total barrels per day of kerosene-type jet fuel supplied.
- ANS export ban could be lifted. // National Petroleum News;Jul94, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the possibility that the ban on the exportation of Alaskan crude oil may be lifted. American maritime unions' decision to drop their opposition o the lifting of the ban; Refiners who support the ban.
- The efficient tariff: Systematically balancing security and welfare concerns. // American Economist;Spring92, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p44
Discusses how imposing a tariff on petroleum has two major effects that encourage conflicting public-policy responses. What the effects are; What happens when the tariffs are decreased; How the author derives the equation for the `marginal disruption risk cost' and equates this to the marginal...
- Hefty oil import bill expected. Aiyar, Sharda // Chemical Business;Mar1996, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p53
Predicts an increase in India's oil import bill. Decline in value of the rupee vis-a-vis the American dollar; Reduction in refining capacity in Madras and Mumbai.
- Increased towout, drilling activity gives relief to vessel... // Offshore;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p109
Reports on the northwest Europe petroleum supply vessel industry. Positive indicators; Benefits for shipyards; Negative indicators; Response from the International Supply Vessel Operators Association.
- How energy policy and the budget intertwine. // Nation's Business;Nov95, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p80
Editorial. Focuses on the United States' reliance on imports for its crude oil consumption. Impact of the decline in the supply of imported crude oil on the country's economy; Congress' review of a legislation that will permit exploration for oil and natural gas in the Arctic National Wildlife...