PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- How to maintain editorial vitality. Limpert, John A. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Source Book 1994, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p254
Shows how to maintain interest of editorial staff of publications. Motivation of staff; Maintenance of morale; Sharing of praise. INSET: Business publishers: Editorial checklist..
- Major league trades. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/15/94, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p50
Presents the major magazine publication personnel trades for 1994. Anne Sutherland Fuchs to senior vice president of Hearst Magazines Inc.; Charles Townsend to `Glamour'; Mitchell Fox to `Vanity Fair.'
- Heavy on the humbug, Santa. staff, Folio // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;1/15/94, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
Reports on an annual survey of publishing companies and their respective holiday celebrations. Advertising pages and revenue for November 1993; On-site parties for Time Inc., Newsweek and the New York Times Company Women's Magazines Group; Off-site galas for various other publishers.
- Untitled. Anderson, Ian E. // Editor & Publisher;8/28/93, Vol. 126 Issue 35, p20
Reports on appointments in the publishing industry. Naming of Vicki Gowler as vice president and executive editor of the Duluth News Tribune; Naming of Alan S. Eisner as editor of the Boston Herald; Appointment of Royalynne J. Hunter as vice president of human resources at Philadelphia...
- Kavanagh tapped as COO at Pub-Set. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p38
Reports on various appointments in the magazine publishing industry. Niall J. Kavanagh of Pub-Set Inc.; Thomas C. Ryan of F&W Publications Inc.; Rosalie Muller Wright.
- People. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/25/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p18
Lists promotions and new hirings of people in prominent positions in various publishing companies for March 1996.
- People. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p48
Presents news briefs on people in the publishing industry, pertaining to appointments.
- Direct-mail duels. Riccelli, Richard // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/15/94, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p39
Discusses the relationship between circulation directors and direct-mail writers. Gripes of writers on circulation directors and clients; Tips in handling copywriters.
- Short subjects. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;3/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p25
Informs that Christopher Morgan is the new book editor at the `National Enquirer.' Joan Cannata-Fox, accepting submissions of material for excerpting or serialization; Her continuation as deputy book editor in charge of contracts and scheduling.