TIME TO RE-THINK: ICE-HANDLING SAFETY
- Playing it Cool. Bendall, Daniel // Food Management;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p78
The article discusses the types of icemakers and bins available and give some sizing guidelines and information about some new features for the equipment. The author points out that most ice shortage problems are avoidable by proper equipment selection, sizing and maintenance. Problems with...
- How to Be a Good Covered-Dish Neighbor. // Guideposts;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p80
The article presents suggestions on how to offer a good cover dish to one's neighbor.
- To Keep Food Safe, Serve It Safe. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2001, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p80
Presents guidelines on food safety education in the United States. Proper food holding guidelines for hot and cold foods; Food safety practices; Guidelines for servers; Guidelines for kitchen staff.
- Food Safety: Develop Your Bragging Rights. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p56
Gives advice on how a food service operator can convey his food safety commitment to customers. Certification of the foodservice operators in Maryland; Investment in training programs for the employees; Integration of a food safety philosophy in the marketing campaign of Legal Sea Foods. ...
- THE FINER POINTS OF: Food receiving, storing. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p156
Focuses on safe receiving and storage of food in the food service industry. Importance of temperature in ensuring the freshness of food; Problems with peak period deliveries; Inventory control through the first-in, first out basis.
- POP QUIZ WITH PROFESSORS HALE AND HEARTY. // Jack & Jill;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p18
A quiz concerning food safety is presented.
- PART OF MARKETING EFFORTS: COMMUNICATING SAFETY. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p129
Highlights the importance of sharing food safety and sanitation standards and procedures to food services staff. Reason for the inclusion of food safety in marketing programs; Use of representative logs in food safety inspections; Importance of cleanliness to food presentation.
- equipment & supplies. // Food Management;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p84
The article evaluates several products for the food service industry including Manitowoc S-Series ice machine; Server In-Counter Food Warmers; The SC-24/2 Heated Countertop Display Unit from Alto-Shaam; Waringâ€™s MX1100 blender series and Pete Cups from Dixie FoodService.
- AND TASTING GOOD: Keeping Ice Healthy. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p94
Presents pieces of advice on the maintenance of ice machines that are used in food service operations. Preventive maintenance for ice machines; Details of the cleaning process for ice machines; Ideal scoops for ice machines.