Full-meal salad stations
- Vanderbilt University unveils 2 avenues marketplace. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- Vanderbilt courts college students with `Two Avenues' dining facility. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p45
Features the food court-type dining facility at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Student expenditures in the multiunit eatery during the first ten days of the semester; Responding to changes in students' taste profiles.
- Generating repeat business. // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the approach of Vanderbilt University's foodservice department in Nashville, Tennessee, to generate repeat business. Promotion of a food outlet; Partnership of the department with a manufacturer.
- Vanderbilt U. creates `Rocket Subs' concept. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p1
Reports on Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee's creation of a gourmet sub shop called Rocket Subs. Location of the shop; University's partnership with Hormel; Description of the Rocket Subs.
- 750 DAILY AND COUNTING: Tortillas turning heads at Cornell's 'Lotta Chilada'. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the benefit of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, from a tortilla-making machine at the Lotta Chilada station in Jansen's Dining Hall. Approximate number of tortillas the station serves a day; Varieties of tortilla.
- 150 CUSTOMERS AND COUNTING: Cornell adds to ethnic variety. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p20
Reports that Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, has opened the Hurry For Curry tandoori station in Okenshield Dining Hall. Foods served at the station; Remarks from dining services director, Nadeem Siddiqui.
- Demo cooking livens salads. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p84
Reports on salad offerings in some colleges and universities in the United States. Information on General's Chicken Salad at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia; Top selling salad at the University of Maine in Orono; Alternative to chicken ingredient.
- Adding more fusion flavors. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the increased sophistication of salad menus served in university cafeterias in the United States. Addition of ethnic dressings and ingredients; Combination of salad and protein dishes; Provision of individual unit variations in salad bars; Serving of several salad entrees every week.
- 'Cool and Crazy.'. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on a servery called Ro*Tiki at the Vanderbilt University. Background on the establishment of the servery; Dishes served; Difference of its ordering system from other on-line food ordering systems.