COMMON IN MANY FORMS: MENUING DAIRY
- Back to School. Dudlicek, James // Dairy Field;Sep2004, Vol. 187 Issue 9, p6
Editorial. Shares the author's analysis of 2004-2005 school year for the milk industry. School systems' effort to improve childhood nutrition and control obesity; Advantages of milk over non-carbonated beverages; Profitability of milk vending in schools.
- Milk to Go? // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/5/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p3
This article reports on the removal of chocolate milk from the school menus in Los Angeles, California.
- Grants Lure Schools to Switch to Milk in Bottles. // Official Board Markets;7/24/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 30, p10
The article reports that schools in Anne Arundel County, Maryland uses the American Dairy Association's (ADA) 800,000 dollars grant funds program to encourage other schools also in converting milk in plastic bottles.
- Dwindling U.S. Dairy Surpluses Squeeze Menus and Boost Costs. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;3/29/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the impact of the dwindling supply of dairy products on the school systems' budget in the U.S. The school officials were greatly affected by the increase in prices of cheese because nutritious alternatives such as fruits and vegetables are also expensive due to severe...
- Got Milk. Paoletta, Michael // Billboard;9/29/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 39, p19
The article discusses the company MilkMedia, which sells advertising space on the side of milk cartons which are distributed to school cafeterias in the United States, and its Milk Rocks advertising campaign, which features musical acts such as Elliott Yamin and Bratz. Chief executive officer...
- Dairy Detective. Gerdes, Sharon // Dairy Foods;May2004, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p44
Presents an inquiry on the usage of dairy ingredients as an alternative to protein products in school food service. Protein sources in food service; Illustration on the use of whey protein concentrate as an alternative protein product; Formulation opportunities for dairy processors and food...
- Cafeteria Factors That Influence Milk-Drinking Behaviors of Elementary School Children: Grounded.... Connors, Priscilla; Bednar, Carolyn // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p31
Examines the factors influencing the milk-drinking behaviors of elementary students in Texas. Efficacy of milk products in preventing osteoporosis and heart diseases; Role of shared experiences for the child food acceptance pattern; Significance of cafeteria environment for the healthy eating...
- Castle Rock milks it. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that since the foodservice department started serving milk in 10-ounce bottles, meal participation has increased in middle and high schools in the Douglas County School District in Colorado. Favorite flavors are listed. The cost to the school per bottle is provided.
- Cafeteria Food Fight. Carper, Jim // Dairy Foods;Oct2010, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p8
The article offers the author's insights on the retail of chocolate milk in school cafeteria. The author argues that schools have obligation to cater healthy and nutritious foods and beverages that children will like, while cafeteria managers have to serve the preferences of their customers. The...