REVISING UPWARD MONTHLY: Orange utilization forecast down 5%
- California Navel orange forecast is 94 million cartons. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/12/2012, p5
The article reports that the initial California Navel orange forecast for 2012-2013 is 93.0 million cartons, according to estimates from the "California Navel Orange Objective Measurement Report" released by the California Agricultural Statistics Service on September 12, 2012.
- D-limonene, orange oil soften as record production is coming. Florenco, Anthony // Chemical Market Reporter;06/09/97, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p18
Forecasts record orange crops in Florida and Brazil in 1997 and 1998. Increase of orange juice production and delivery to the fresh market.
- CITRUS UPDATE: Orange production recovers from cold. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p71
Reports on the decline in the United States forecast for orange and other fruit crops for the period 2000-2001. Early and midseason orange forecast; Decline in the production of orange juice concentrate.
- U.S. orange crop on the rebound. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p70
Presents a forecast on orange crop in the United States for 1999-2000. Florida forecast; Navel forecast; Valencia and California forecast.
- Blood oranges. Downard, D.C. // Gourmet;Feb88, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p80
The taste, texture and red color of blood oranges make them a delicious and distinctive member of the citrus family. Seven recipes including blood orange sorbet and marinated seafood and blood oranges.
- Oranges for health and diet. // Executive Edge Newsletter;Jun97, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the health benefits of oranges. Phytochemicals present in oranges; Oranges as antioxidants; Ability of oranges to curb off hunger.
- Citrus jewels. // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr98, Vol. 76 Issue 4, pJ16
Presents information on the blood orange. How the orange received its name; Tips on what to use these oranges with.
- Tastier California navel orange soon to hit market. // Western Farm Press;9/15/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p15
The article informs that a tastier California navel orange would be available this season in the market after satisfying all now California Standard.
- Frankfurt's Ambiente blossoms with oranges. M.L.S.; L.MaA // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr96, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p58
Reports that for the spring '96 Frankfurt Ambiente, oranges have been singled out for the focus of the nature theme. Photographs of product designs; Description of the oranges.