BOTH PREPARED AND SCRATCH-MADE: HEALTHY SOUPS
- Global Comfort Food. O'Connor, Amy // Self;Jan99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p132
Presents information on chicken soup. Health benefits of chicken soup; How chicken soups are cooked in various places; Variations in chicken soups.
- Comforting chicken soup. di Costanzo, Diane // Self;Nov96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p200
Focuses on chicken soup. Health benefits of chicken soup; Inclusion of a recipe for basic chicken soup and the variations which can be made with the recipe.
- Tasty way to get vitamin A. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p236
Offers tips on how to prepare a meal of squash soup, served with corn muffins and a green salad. Squash as a source of vitamin A; Cooking instructions; Nutrition information per serving.
- Stressed? Sneezy? Short on stamina? Perry, Marge; Belgiorno, Kathryn // Self;Mar2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p112
Suggests food solutions for several health complaints. Nutritional contents of turkey burger; Health benefits of chicken soups; Ingredients of the dishes.
- Soup's On. Schwartz, Justin // Arthritis Today;Nov-Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Discusses the health benefits of soups. Tips for cooking and storing soups.
- QA. Oliver, Jamie // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);11/7/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 45, p58
This article addresses questions related to food and health. A reader of the periodical Women's Day asks if it is recommended to deep-fat fry frozen oven chips. Although this may be done, it must be remembered that oven-baked ones are healthier. Another reader asks which ham is best in pea and...
- Stock Options. // Food Management;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p54
The article focuses on the feasibility in keeping a stock of soups. Soup's popularity derives both from its flavorful diversity and because of its role as a classic comfort food. Soup also appeals to a broad spectrum of palates. And though soup may be one of the most homely of dishes, it...
- Chicken soup for the flu. // Marketing News;01/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that Campbell Soup Co. has launched a marketing campaign for its chicken noodle soup targeting people with cold and flu-like ailments. It hopes to capitalize on frequently given grandmotherly advice that chicken noodle soup will make you feel better.
- THE HEALTHIEST NEW SOUPS. Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Feb2007, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p127
The article evaluates several soups for women on diet including Campbell's Select Healthy Request's Italian-style wedding, Fantastic World Foods' split pea and Healthy Valley's fat-free vegetable barley.