- FOR SCHOOL FOODSERVICE FETES: Commodity distribution exec. honored. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the commodity distribution and food service programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Award given to Les Johnson. director of the Food Distribution Division in the Food and Nutrition Service of USDA; Chicken fajita strip purchase program launched by the USDA; Beef...
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p70
Presents updates on the food service and commodity industries in the United States (U.S.) as of October 15, 2000. Commodities purchased by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA); Information on the report produced by the Economic Research Service of USDA to examine the population's eating...
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p84
Cites updates on school food service and commodity purchasers in the United States as of October 1999. Details on the planned bonus salmon buy of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA); Volume of different products purchased by the USDA; Increase in prices for class two milk on the...
- Steer Crazy! // Food Management;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p72
The article discusses points which one should keep in mind while buying beef. Beef is graded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture inspectors at the request of the producer. Each inspected carcass is assigned one of eight grades. In descending order of quality, they are Prime, Choice, Select,...
- Turkey prices may test 21-year highs at Thanksgiving. Barone, John T. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/16/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 42, p44
The article sheds light on the food product prices in the United States. The report of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), suggest that the prices for turkey are expected to reach the record high set in 1985. Prices for robusta coffee has moved up 75 percent in 2006. A fall in...
- A tale of two beef markets forecast for 2000. Barone, John T. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p106
Presents the United States Department of Agriculture's market forecasts for different commodities in the United States for the year 2000. Coffee; Dairy products; Grain; Oil; Pork; Poultry.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p76
Presents updates on commodities-related issues in the United States (U.S.) as of November 15, 2000. Status of ground beef purchases; Concerns over the foodborne pathogens in pork; Reopening of the program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (DA) for canned boned poultry; Volume of pasteurized...
- Commodities. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the commodities program of the United States Department of Agriculture. Criticisms received by the program from the public; Major changes to the program.
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p70
Presents the United States Department of Agriculture's update on food commodities as of September 15, 1999. Aim of the modification of requirements for vegetable protein products; Rate of increase in milk prices; Information on various purchases made by the department.