SCHOOL MARKET CONVERGES: ASFSA 'chats' address breakfast, universal meals
- STARRING SCHOOL FSD: ASFSA's online co-op chat. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the online chat on purchasing co-operatives coordinated by the American School Food Service Association. Members of the Northern Illinois Independent Purchasing Cooperative; Emergence of purchasing co-operatives.
- REPORTS FROM ASFSA IN MINNEAPOLIS: SCHOOL BREAKFAST ON-THE-RISE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on an increase in the number of school breakfast programs in the U.S., as discussed during the American School Food Service Association conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2002. Information on the free breakfast provided by elementary schools in Minnesota; Details on the school...
- ASFSA lobbies for breakfast. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
States that the main focus of the American's School Food Service Association's Legislative Action Conference in Washington, will be the expansion of the Federally sponsored school breakfast program. Information on the keynote speakers; Comments from Doctor Allen Meyers, Boston Medical Center...
- USDA to study effects of eating breakfast on childhood learning. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p18
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's study on the effect of eating breakfast on children's ability to learn in the classroom. Giving of free breakfast everyday to students at certain schools in selected districts; Advocacy for universal free breakfast by the American School...
- Breakfast blues: Despite subsidy, educational benefit, many schools thwart morning-market potential. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p42
Reports on the declining participation of both schools and students in the School Breakfast Program, a program subsidized by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Data on the level of participation in the breakfast and lunch programs; USDA and the American School Food Service...
- New legislation proposes free breakfast for all schoolchildren. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/01/97, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p18
Reports on the introduction of the `Meals for Achievement Act of 1997,' a United States legislation aimed at providing free breakfast for all schoolchildren. Purpose of the legislation; Opinion of the American School Food Service Association on the legislation; Result of studies about the...
- ASFSA celebrates golden anniversary. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) celebration of its 50th anniversary in Houston, Texas during its 1996 national conference.
- ASFSA prioritizes issues, prepares for DC conference. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/11/97, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p18
Reports on issues that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) plans to prioritize at the annual Legislative Action Conference in January 1998. Reauthorization of programs such as nutrition-educational training; Expansion of school nutrition programs; Other requests of the ASFSA.
- ASFSA gives preliminary OK to USDA school food programs. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p16
Details the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) preliminary approval to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the proposed changes to the National School Lunch and Breakfast programs. Important provisions of the proposed regulations; Flexibility programs; Changes to rules...