PEOPLE AS RESOURCES
- Training Day (and Night). Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p60
Presents information on how food service operators train their employees to promote food safety. Components of food service training; Requirement for every unit managers in Guest Services Inc.; Approach of HDS Services to food safety training. INSET: ServSafe Serves Industry Well.
- Good training is an ongoing routine. Wood, Kathleen // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan99, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p62
Provides guidelines on training of employees in the restaurant industry in the United States. Strategies on developing a training environment; Significance of developing training systems; Importance of creating a training culture; Impact of evaluating training attitudes; Usability of...
- Technology trends ease training burden. Grimes, Rob // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p112
Focuses on technology trends that affects employee training in the food service industry. Impact of the proliferation of Microsoft Windows-based applications; Need to explore strategies behind and the best uses of technology in food service; Technology in the delivery of training materials for...
- HDS expands kosher sites. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p32
Looks at the expansion of kosher sites by HDS Services. Comments from Ray Zall, vice president of marketing development, at HDS; Further information on the expansion of the sites.
- Tailored to Fit. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p68
The article reports on the adoption of an online training program through FoodHandler by Penn State University and its Commonwealth Campuses. With the program, students are given an authorization code to log into a Web site. To use the program, program development manager Jennifer Garvin buys a...
- Education, training is beneficial to employees 'knowing it all' about industry. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p80
Highlights the panel discussion entitled 'Know It All: Effective Training Pays Dividends' at the 2000 Multi-Unit Foodservice Operators conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Need to invest in employee training programs to reduce turnover and increase productivity; Characteristics that most...
- BUILDING BETTER baristas. Demetrakakes, Pan // Specialty Coffee Retailer;Feb2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the importance of job training for employees working at baristas and coffeehouses. It mentions the need for proper training of food service employees for achieving best customer satisfaction and discusses the benefits of providing consistent training in both interpersonal...
- Body movement classes keep servers on their toes. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p20
Reports that Patrick O'Connell, chef and co-owner of Little Washington, Virginia-based The Inn, invited members of the Washington Ballet to present a seminar to the inn's service staff on body movement. Discussions held by O'Connell with the ballet's artistic director, Septime Weber, on the...
- HDS Services helps hospital raise $55K for kids. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
Reports on HDS Services' raising of money for Port Huron Hospital in Michigan by catering to the hospital's annual Festival of Trees kickoff. Menu; Objective of the hospital.