WITH CHEF'S TABLE A SHOWPIECE: Maine Medical Center cafe makes the right impression
- Best Menu Concept. // Food Management;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p40
Describes the menu concept of Cafe at the Atrium, Maine Medical Center in Scarborough, Maine. Challenge; Project team; Results; Why they won the category of best menu concept during the 1998 annual Best Onsite Concept award of the periodical `Food Management'; Menu sampler.
- Maine Medical Center moves closer to customers. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p64
Features the foodservice operation at a freestanding restaurant in an ambulatory care facility of the Maine Medical Center (MMC) in Portland, Maine. Facility's design; Mobile cart; Healthful menu; Difference from traditional cafeteria; Amount of space devoted to storage, preparation and...
- Portland, Maine. // Modern Healthcare;10/9/95, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p66
Reports on the unveiling of Portland, Maine-based Maine Medical Center's plan to build a children's hospital. Cost of building the hospital; Scheduled date of completion; Naming of the hospital after the former US first lady Barbara Bush.
- A Practical Approach. Edson, Jerry; Johnson, Ralph // Health Management Technology;Feb2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the plan of Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine to develop a strategic HIPAA compliance strategy. Approach taken to HIPAA requirements for privacy and security; Problems with achieving a fully electronic medical record; Features of the Privacy Auditor context management system.
- Maine hospital hit over drug records. // Modern Healthcare;06/29/98, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p88
Reports on the financial settlement set by United States Attorney Jay McCloskey for the record-keeping violations committed by Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Discrepancies found by federal investigators on the auditing records of the hospital; Legal basis of the allegations.
- FTC approves two-way merger in Maine. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;3/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the Federal Trade Commission's approval of the merger of Maine Medical Center and Brighton Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Mercy Hospital's dropping out of the merger deal; Market implications of the merger; Earnings of the two hospitals in 1993.
- The `perfect' pouch? It's not open and shut. Caporino, Patrick P. // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct97, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p32
Details the process developed by the Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, in selecting sterilization pouch the center will use. Identification of the many brands as the first step; Description of the product trials; Price comparison.
- Maine hospital staff convert vacation hours to relief funds. // AHA News;10/8/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the contribution of employees at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine to relief operations in the wake of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington. Details on the idea for the initiative which converts the vacation time into dollars; Response of the Maine...
- WITH MARY KEYSOR AT HELM: Maine Medical Ctr. looks ahead following 7-yr. overhaul. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the completion of renovations at the food service facilities of the Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. Information on the renovation plan; Adoption of a benchmarking program; Overview of food service staff training.