- Wood's concepts compete with the top names in QSR. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/01/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p33
Reports on Wood Dining Services Inc.'s completion of its rollout of a variety of brands designed to compete with commercial foodservice concepts. Offer of service programs to clients that are more customized to customer bases; Revamped brands; Dishes offered.
- Wood's Salsa Rico kiosk rollout makes Mexican food portable. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/19/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p24
Reports that Wood Dining Services is launching its Salsa Rico concept in a kiosk format in the spring of 2001. Perceived benefit of a portable version of the Salsa Rico to Wood Dining; Effort of Wood Dining in 2000 to develop or refresh several retail brands in order to compete with commercial...
- FRESH MEXICAN GRILL CONCEPT: Wood's Salsa Rico in kiosk. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the plan to roll out Salsa Rico, Wood Dining Services' fresh Mexican grill concept, in kiosk form to campus and business dining accounts in April 2001. Description of the concept; Aims for implementing the concept; Type of cooking to be used.
- WITH NEW MANUALS, RECIPES, ETC.: Metz sets culinary overhaul. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p34
Highlights the Quality Through Culinary Excellence Program of Metz & Associates Ltd. of Dallas, Pennsylvania. Aim of the procedure manuals, concept materials and other initiatives of the program; Team members of the program.
- WITH TRAINING, QUALITY FOCUS: Metz adds $4MM in Penn. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the completion of the renovation on the Gateway Center Complex, a food service facility owned by Metz & Associates, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Features of the facility; Factors that contributed to the success of Metz.
- IT'S AN ALL-DAY, MULTI-TASK RESPONSIBILITY: Policing food temperatures. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p88
Focuses on the multi-task responsibility of policing food temperatures in the U.S. food service market. Challenges of policing cooking temperatures; Responsibilities of Nancy Wood, executive chef for Wood Dining Services in the state of Maine; Rules complicating the task of policing cooking...
- Sodexho Alliance buys Wood Dining, readies Sodexho Marriott bid. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;04/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1
Announces that Sodexho Alliance has acquired United States-based Wood Dining Services. Other steps taken by the group to become the world's largest foodservice contractor; Preparation of a purchase bid for Sodexho Marriott Services; Terms of the deal.
- IN MONROE, NJ: Special events add spark to CCRC's dining svcs. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the food service offering of Wood Dining Services at the Presbyterian Homes and Services Community in Monroe Township, New Jersey. Style of its food service offering; Range of meal options; Number of theme-oriented events programmed by the company per year; Plans of Andrew Barrett,...
- IN SCHOOLS: Portable packs & snacks suit students today. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p58
Reports on the prepackaged foods offered by food service operators in United States schools. Varieties of the lunches offered by Wood Dining Services; Costs of the packaged lunches and snacks; Projection on the number of students that will participate in the food programs.