- Called Foodbuy.Com: Internet GPO Takes Aim at $3 Billion Revenue Goal. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the formation of FoodBuy.com, an Internet group purchasing organization led by Scott MacLellan. Anticipated annual earnings of the group; Goal of FoodBuy; How it works.
- WITH NEW CAPITAL INFUSION: Foodbuy.com hits $700M, adds Army club program. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Foodbuy.com has achieved its group purchasing volume and secured additional venture capital for funding an Internet group purchasing organization in the United States. Cost of its purchasing volume; Amount of its funding.
- Envisioning a Virtual Marketplace. Lawn, John // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
Comments on the future of foodservice purchasing in the United States. Bob Myhr and Scott MacLellan's formation of Internet-based firm, Foodbuy.com; Service-providing entity in foodservice; Attempt to migrate the traditional purchasing model to the world wide web; Firm's acquisition of...
- WITH NEW FOODBUY VENTURE: Compass outsources buying. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p28
Reports that Compass Group has outsourced foodservice purchasing for its North American operating units with Foodbuy LLC. Goals in the endeavor; Factor that led to the initiative; Vision of Compass.
- Rebel with a cause: Foodbuy.com snatches Foodservice.com for its users. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/31/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p6
Discusses the Foodservice.com's acquisition of Foodbuy.com. Benefits of the acquisition on Foodbuy's online trading exchange; Comments of Foodbuy vice president of marketing Ann Nickolas on positive aspects of the acquisition; Services and features found At Foodservice.
- Military Purchase Program to go Online. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p24
Reports that the United States Army's Joint Services Prime Vendor Program (JSPVP) has contracted the Foodbuy.com foodservice electronic-services firm to establish a JSPVP-specific web site within its own site. Allowing JSPVP participants from around the world to access information about the...
- TO AID 1,000 MEMBERS: Consorta links with Foodbuy. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Deals with the agreement reached by Consorta Catholic Resource Partners with Foodbuy.com, an electronic commerce and information management services provider. Terms of the agreement; Purpose of the agreement.
- UNDER COMPASS-FOODBUY AGREEMENT: CHEFS DRIVE PURCHASING. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the outsourcing agreement between the Compass Group PLC and Foodbuy LLC. Benefits of the agreement to chefs within Compass Group's various operating sectors; Key hurdle facing the company in boosting compliance.
- Tech briefs. // Food Management;Feb2001, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p26
Presents updates related to the food industry & state as of February 2001. Focus of Instill Corp. on supply chain management; Introduction of the Smart Campus Access solution by Schlumberger Test Transactions; Deal between Foodbuy.com and Empire State Restaurant & Tavern Association.