WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT: GAO exonerates industry from 'churning' charges
- Congress okays extension of CETA job program. // Library Journal;10/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 17, p1989
Reports on the United States Congress' approval of bills in 1976 that call for an extension of Title VI of the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act (CETA). Stipulation that any new jobs created under CETA be in community employment projects for the long-term, low-income unemployed; Target...
- Republicans botch major jobs bills. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;6/2/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 44, p1
The article reports on the omission of major jobs bills in the Missouri legislative session following the political dispute between Republican leaders in the U.S. House and Senate. It states that the job bills to make China trade hub and nuclear power plant which may result to more job creation...
- Women and Low-Skilled Workers: Other Countries' Policies and Practices That May Help These Workers Enter and Remain in the Labor Force: GAO-07-817. Nilsen, Sigurd R. // GAO Reports;6/14/2007, p1
Increasing retirements and declining fertility rates, among other factors, could affect the labor force growth in many developed countries. To maintain the size and productivity of the labor force, many governments and employers have introduced strategies to keep workers, such as women and...
- President Obama Signs $17.6 Billion Job-Creation Bill. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2010 Q1, Special section p1
The article reports that a job-creation bill, the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act, has been signed by U.S. President Barack Obama into law. The 17.6 billion U.S. dollars bill includes tax breaks for employers recruiting new employees. These include an exemption from the 6.2%...
- House Democrats Search for New Jobs Bills. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/2/2009, Vol. 263 Issue 14, p9
The article reports on the efforts of U.S. House Democrats to pass a jobs bill. Democratic Representative Nancy Pelosi of California has been implementing a multiple-bill approach to establish an employment bill. The efforts to search for a jobs bill follows a federal budget deficit which...
- BRIEFLY. Needham, Vicki // Hill;3/25/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the approval of another election year jobs bill by the U.S. House in March 2010.
- Misplaced priorities in Congress. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);12/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p2
In this article the author discusses the role of lawmakers in promoting job-creating policies that bring confidence to families and businesses during an economic downturn in the U.S.
- Jobs bill a step in the right direction. CONDLIN, JACK // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p4
The author comments on the enactment of jobs bill in 2011 in Connecticut.
- A new focus on streamlining government. BROWN, ERIC // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p4
The author comments on the passage of jobs bill in 2011 in Connecticut which is expected to streamline the state government and promote economic development.