TARGETING FAMILIES IN NEED: GLEANING IN ARIZ. SCHOOLS
- USDA pushes food donations. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p96
Details Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman's announcement of the school districts set to receive grants from the United States Department of Agriculture to increase their food donations to the needy, as part of the Food Recovery and Gleaning Initiative. Recipient school districts; Amount of...
- Construing the harvest: Gleaners, farmers, and officials in early modern France. Vardi, Liana // American Historical Review;Dec93, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p1424
Looks at gleaning practices in France from the Middle Ages through the eighteenth century. Argument against the interpretation that the attack on gleaning encapsulates the ruthlessness of a new capitalist ideology; Loss of grain as primary concern of the farmer; Five main stages of the harvest;...
- New Jersey districts receive $197M for software and hardware, etc. // Electronic Education Report;09/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the allocation for school districts New Jersey to purchase computer software, hardware and staff development resources. Distance learning applications; Maintenance of technology centers.
- Wealthy Texas Districts Say Robin Hood Starves Students. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p30
Reports on the feedback given by wealthy school districts in Texas regarding a school-finance formula for the school districts in the state. Details of the formula; Possible impact of the formula on the fiscal health of the districts; Efforts of a state legislative committee to find ways of...
- ILLINOIS: Spending Too Much. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on expenditures of school districts in Illinois. Difference between revenues and expenditures; Financial practices followed by school districts.
- ILLINOIS: Another Aaa School. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p29
Reports on ratings of the New Trier Township High School District 203 in Cook County, Illinois. Number of districts in the state that have Aaa ratings; Completion of the refunding of general obligation bonds of the district; Location of the district.
- S&P Report Predicts Budget Problems for Robin Hood-Raided Texas Districts. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p30
Reports on the school districts of Texas. Features of property-rich school districts; Contributors to Robin Hood redistribution scheme; Implications of the school finance formula of the state.
- On Oakland's ebonics: Some say gibberish, some say slang, some say dis den dat, me say dem dumb,... Jackson, Jacquelyne John // Black Scholar;Spring97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
Speculates on the resolution of California's Oakland Unified school district declaration about ebonics. Information on the role of public school teachers and the resolution; Discussion on the resolution.
- The fallacy of ebonics. Hutchinson, Earl Ofari // Black Scholar;Spring97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p36
Reflects on the Oakland school board's decision to recognize ebonics as a separate language. Support given to the school board from the Black community leaders and educators; Reaction from supporters of ebonics.