NEARS TOP OF PRESS, GANEY SCALE: Texas hosp. raises focus on service
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Costs drops at Conemaugh Med. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p13
Provides information on the room service program at the Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown, Pennsylvania that yielded food costs savings for the center. Function of the program to the center's patients; Menus offered for children and seniors; Services offered to guests of patients.
- AND ELIMINATES PAPER MENUS/COSTS: Ohio State Med. Ctr. serves `same-day'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the establishment of Same Day Service, a menu-based ordering and room service concept, at the Ohio State University Medical Center in 2000. Objectives of the Same Day Service; Process that must be followed regarding Same Day Service.
- Hospitals Serve Up Room Service-Style Dining. Hurley-Schubert, Victoria // njbiz;2/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the move of CentraState Medical Center in New Jersey to switch its 271-bed hospital to Five Star Room Service, a hotel-style food ordering and delivery system in October 2006 to lower costs, lessen food waste and increase patient satisfaction and survey scores. According...
- Following drop for `non-selects': Limited choice menus... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p31
Discusses the implementation of non-select menus for patients at Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, Washington. Reasons for the implementation of non-select menu; Process to improve patient satisfaction; Response to desire for choice of patients. Overlake is a non-profit,...
- 'The Hilton' of hospitals. Finkel, Ed // Modern Healthcare;12/11/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 49, p24
The article provides information on Parrish Medical Center in Titusville, Florida. The center is the winner of Modern Healthcare's Spirit of Excellence Award for Service in 2006. The facility won because of its effort to maximize patient comfort. It offers a 24-7 concierge service for patients,...
- WHILE PATIENT MEALS IMPROVE: Market servery pushes sales
up 25% in Boise hospital. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the sales increase after cafeteria upgrades overseen by Thomas Cuisine Management at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise, Indiana as of February 2004. Features of the five signed and separate stations of the cafeteria; Prices of food products; Strategy to reduce costs...
- Better bedside manner. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the status of the food service for patients at the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville following the initiated program for bedside ordering system of the medical center. Remarks from senior director Karl Suckley on the program; Duty of the catering associates;...
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center rolls out preplated meals hospitalwide. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the food production center at Columbia Presbyterian medical Center has switched from shipping foods in bulk to preplating patient's meals to save on labor and food costs. Food savings from decreased waste; Preparation of meals five meals in advance of service; Result of tests on the...
- Weekly menu plan helps keep labor dollars down. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the advantages of the weekly menu system introduced at the Integris Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Features of the system; Information included in description of menu items and substitutions; Considerations in implementing the new system.