IN CORAL GABLES (FL) HOSP.: Staff interaction leads to late-tray reduction
- Hispanic calendar. Menard, Valerie // Hispanic;Nov1995, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p106
Presents information on activities and events involving the Hispanic community. Dia de los Muertos celebrations; Caribbean visual arts at the Center for Fine Arts, Miami; Coral Gables event sponsored by Coral Gables Hospital.
- Moving forward. // Smart Business South Florida;Feb2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p18
An interview with Jay Miranda, chief executive officer (CEO) of Coral Gables Hospital, is presented. He states that one of the advantages of having a smaller and more family-centered health care delivery organization is promoting patient priority. He indicates that facility improvement is the...
- Pod-tastic. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p42
The article reports on the adoption of pods by hospital food service directors to replace tray lines to increase patient satisfaction. Pods, or multiple serving units, is a system that deconstructs the traditional tray line into several smaller units. Each pod is self-contained, with everything...
- Stacey Versus the Cafeteria Lady. Bumpus, Stacey // Angels on Earth;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
The author relates how a cafeteria lady she met at the hospital helped her to recover from a leg injury.
- Buffet Impresario. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the benefits of buffet service to the dining operations at Lincoln Park Health Center in New Jersey under management by foodservice director Rodolfo Rodriguez. Overall patient satisfaction with foodservice following the application of buffet service; Concept of buffets created by...
- WHAT'S Ahead FOR Healthcare? // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the revolution in the hospital foodservices discussed in a videoconference assembled by the National Society of Healthcare Food Service Management. Introduction of retail dining in healthcare; Emphasis on the intercultural difference in foodservice between Europe and the United...
- Chance and Circumstance. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
The article profiles John Athamanah, manager of foodservices at La Rabida Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, including the influence of his mother on his interest in foodservice, career in clinical nutrition and his first job as a clinical nutrition manager.
- AT PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL: ROOM SVC. HITS PLANO. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
Presents information on a hotel-style room service program implemented at the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas in 2003. Description of the type of service used prior to the program; Details of the room service process; Impact of the program on the food service staff requirements of the...
- Texas Turnaround. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the efforts of the Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas in Texas to improve the quality of its food services. Information on the Jackson Patio Cafe and Cafe Presby in the hospital; Increase in food sales in the hospital; Contribution of the replacement of cash registers to the sales...