IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- More items on the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p108
Offers a look at the menus served at the HealthSouth Doctors' Hospital in Coral Gables, Florida. Comments from Paul Sucher, director of food and nutrition services at the hospital; Description on white bean salsa; Examples of vegetarian food offered at the hospital.
- Cost-effective dishes. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p96
Discusses the health benefits and costs of preparing vegetarian food items in the United States. Advice from Ellen Di Giampaolo, director of food and nutrition services at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center, on cost-saving practices in cooking vegetables; Details...
- Options that fill the bill. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p128
Cites the vegetarian selections being offered in some American hospitals and healthcare facilities. Includes Indian dish called lentil dahl; Tofu stir-fry; Penne pasta; Linguine with pesto; Black bean casserole; Broccoli bake incorporating rice; Artichoke; Vegetable lasagna; Salmon; Pizza and...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- More made-to-order. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p57
Provides information on the breakfast service being offered at health care institutions in the U.S. Popularity of made-to-order items in most of the hospitals; Foods usually offered during breakfast; Array of hot comfort foods for breakfast.
- WHAT IT TAKES TO PREPARE: The meatless breakfast. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p72
Offers ideas on preparing an easy to make vegetarian breakfast menu. Types of cheese that can be used in a vegan strata; Options in making breakfast wraps; Range of ingredients that can be used for breakfast quiches.
- Morning glory. Sass, Lorna J. // Vegetarian Times;Dec95, Issue 220, p28
Presents vegan versions of two breakfast dishes. French Toast; Breakfast Sausage Patties.
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center rolls out preplated meals hospitalwide. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the food production center at Columbia Presbyterian medical Center has switched from shipping foods in bulk to preplating patient's meals to save on labor and food costs. Food savings from decreased waste; Preparation of meals five meals in advance of service; Result of tests on the...