TAKING A STAND ON: CLEANER FLOORS
- Chapter 6: Physical Facilities. // FDA Food Code 2005;2005, p165
The article discusses the maintenance of physical facilities at food service establishment in the U.S. Topics discussed include concrete flooring of outdoor walking and driving area, usage of weather resistant materials to construct exterior surfaces of mobile food services and proper drainage...
- Trouble Under Foot. // Chain Store Age;Apr2002, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p82
Deals with the action taken by the Villager's Hardware outlet of Home Depot in New Jersey to prevent moisture problems that degrade flooring materials. Indications of a moisture problem on floors; System adopted by the store outlet; Process involved in the application of flooring materials.
- Float a fancy floor. Renner-Smith, S.; Lees, A. // Popular Science;Nov88, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p96
Looks at some remarkable imported hardwood floors that go down without nailing over almost any existing flooring. Details of two different installation systems: Rowi, a Dutch import, and a Swedish system distributed by Tarkett.
- Laminated wood floors. Bakke, T. // Popular Science;Nov88, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p94
New laminated prefinished wood-floor systems can be easily installed over just about any floor, and their factory-applied coatings are said to be so strong and impervious that they can survive heavy foot traffic and hostile environments like the kitchen.
- Curing squeaky floors. Vara, J. // Country Journal;Jan1988, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
Discusses squeaky floors and how to prevent them from squeaking. Causes of squeaky floors; How to fix flooring and subflooring.
- Coatings for the wood floor. Vara, J. // Country Journal;Sep88, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p61
Discusses durable floor finishes. Paint; Oils; Varnishes; Swedish finish. Filing in the cracks.
- Sweeping up. Anderson, Walter // American School & University;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p30
Presents the procedures for proper maintenance of resilient flooring. Effect of accumulated dirt and grit; Importance of frequent vacuuming to remove loose dirt and grit; Steps for cleaning heavy-traffic floors; maintenance requirements for no-wax floors; Preventive measures to prolong the life...
- Alternatives to floor refinishing. Vila, B. // Popular Mechanics;Oct88, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p26
Outlines an alternative to floor refinishing that may appeal to some old-house owners. It involves installing a new prefinished laminated wood floor right over the old wood floor.
- Installing hardwood flooring. Freudenberger, R. // Mother Earth News;Nov/Dec88, Issue 114, p60
Describes different kinds of hardwood flooring and tells how to plan for and carry out installation. Measuring the room; Plank or block flooring; Sanding and finishing.